Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Don't repeat the same verb in a conversation

Panama

I try to improve my English, using many verbs in conversation. Can you?...try don’t repeat one

06:55 PM Jan 23 2015 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Ok.. I am all up for the challenge :)
You should read in order to succeed in studying a language.
Lose yourself in a topic or a great story and the process will occur automatically.
You are going to forget that you are learning as long as you are immersed in the things you like to do. Create vivid pictures in your mind to connect them to the words you’re soaking up. It’s really effective and helpful to memorize what you have just scanned with you eyes :)
Wow.. not an easy task, but so much fun! Thanks!

06:17 AM Feb 11 2015 |

Panama

You are rigth!!.. it’s not something easy. Your speach sounds like a phrase from a book hmmm u.u …I’m kidding =) ...

03:41 PM Feb 11 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Maybe I spent too many hours in the language section of a library.

Wait, what does that make me -a Bibliophile ?? :)

(So far you have not broken the rules of your challenging task ! Good job :))

03:56 PM Feb 11 2015 |

Panama

hehehe..It’s somthing funny to be looking for a mistake in a sentence xD …I can’t imagine a life in a library :O …however, you know many interesting history…

I just read the online news every morning =)

04:37 PM Feb 11 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

I suck in history :) but put me in the romance section I’ll start to swoon :)

It doesn’t matter how you feed your brain as long as you are going to enjoy it.

04:50 PM Feb 11 2015 |

Panama

You are choosing your verbs…good good….

Do you remember your first romance scene??? I mean in real life

04:55 PM Feb 11 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

yes, I do recall my first romance. I was just a little girl when I got kissed by a kindergarden friend. I love looking back to those yesteryears. They always make me smile :)
What about you? Anything you’d like to share in here ?

05:44 PM Feb 11 2015 |

Panama

“make” you repeated it =) ....

if we talk about the first kiss…my first kiss was whe I was 4 years old …I did not know what I was doing…I did it because I use to see my parents kissing

06:07 PM Feb 11 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Ok, ok, you are a very strict teacher :)) I didn’t realize the rule applies to the entire conversation and would only be in reference to what the previous conversation partner had to say.

Speaking of being strict:

You used “was” three times in a row ;)

Copying your parents was a smart thing to do. They should be a role model whatever the circumstances are :))

Oopsie..and “was” slipped out of my finger tips, too ;)

03:09 PM Feb 12 2015 |

Panama

this game is not easy xD …and if we dont repeat the same verb..we will never end a topic conversation…we will always be talking different topics for not repeat a verb…

how I said you in the last speach…I didnt know what i was doing…and in fact I dont remember that kiss…my mom said my that when I was 16 years old…I dont have memories of my parents kissing…

this game is over…and ended matched =) ...

03:40 PM Feb 12 2015 |