Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Have a Blast
Have a Blast English, baby! Video Lesson

Learn English meaning of ‘have a blast’

Date: Sep 19 2017

Themes: Soap Opera

Grammar: Simple Past Tense

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

When is the last time that you really, really enjoyed yourself? Was it at your birthday party? Maybe, you love listening to your great uncle’s tales? Or perhaps you just went on an incredible journey to another country. Maybe, you prefer to stay home and read a good book. If staying at home isn’t your thing, did you get crazy going out with your friends the other night? You might have a blast staying out late and dancing with your friends!

When you have a blast, that means that you are having a wonderful time. You are really enjoying yourself! Having a blast probably means that you are laughing a lot. It can also mean that you are seeing something amazing that you have never seen before. Maybe, you are someone who is busy all the time with a stressful job. You might think that curling up under a blanket with a bowl of ice cream is a total blast.

Kelsey, Dominique, Jordan, and Andy are about to watch the fireworks celebration. Listen as they have a total blast!

3. Watch - Watch the video without reading the dialog.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Andy_H

Andy_H

Jordin

Jordin

Dominique

Dominique

Kelsey

Kelsey

Andy_H:  How long have you all been here?

Jordin:  Just for a little bit. I got to hear Dominique and Kelsey’s incredible tales of their journey to get here.

Andy_H:  Incredible tales?! You know I love a good story. What happened?

Dominique:  Nevermind, it’s fine.

Kelsey:  The important thing is that we are going to have a blast tonight.

Andy_H:  So, last year, when I came here, it was so crazy that we had to move our blanket and stand. We’ll see what happens this year….

Dominique:  Kelsey, look at this! This is amazing! Look at the colors. This is so beautiful! Wow!

Andy_H:  Oh, my gosh! I’m having a blast! Woooo!

Kelsey:  Wow! Look at that one, Dominique! Oh, my gosh. This is such a blast!

Andy_H:  Woooo!

Kelsey:  Wow! Look at the blue in that one.

Andy_H:  I’m having a blast!

Kelsey:  Oh, my gosh! This is so much fun.

Andy_H:  Woooo!

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Simple Past Tense" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Andy wakes up to find Jordan, Dominique, and Kelsey watching him. He asks how long they have been there. Jordin tells him not for too long. She has been listening to Dominique and Kelsey’s incredible tales. Andy loves stories and wants to hear what Dominique and Kelsey have to say.

Kelsey says it’s not important. What’s important is that they are going to have a blast! Andy tells them that last year was so crazy he had to move his blanket! No one really believes him. Then the fireworks start, and everyone has a wonderful time.

When did you last see fireworks? Did you have a blast?

Comments

allenzhaojl

China

FIreworks are dumb!, and this video sucks, and I can’t call it a haveing a blast really, I’m so sorry.

01:29 PM Nov 02 2017 |

Zahra12

Zahra12

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I think the Last time was for norouz. Fireworws were beautiful and incredible. I love them

05:15 PM Sep 20 2017 |

julito1

julito1

Argentina

I guess that they went out to watch 4th of July fireworks. During christmas and new year fireworks are part of the celebration and I wouldn`t miss it at all. 

06:36 PM Sep 19 2017 |

Likes (7):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast