Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what do u think of studying abroad?

yyyyyyyya

yyyyyyyya

China

Now,studing abroad seems more ordinary than before. After the college entrance examination,many of my schoolmates choose to study abroad .some of them didn't get good grades in the exam,some think studying abroad has more advancements than in china. And my father r about to set me abroad two years later too. what's ur opinion about it?

07:45 AM Jan 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hands_1411

hands_1411

Viet Nam

Firstly I just want to know which country you'll be set abroad. Is it America ? Because it's the most regularly country traveled or chosen to study abroad. Ebaby itself has a quiz in which we vote for studying abroad. 

For me, the conditions required to study abroad is good foreign language skill, ambition, boldness. Otherwise, perhaps you will get a culture shock. 

08:04 AM Jan 30 2008 |

yyyyyyyya

yyyyyyyya

China

ya,most of them choose the usa,canada.my father is about to set me to germany.ya,the final destination for us is to learn more and improve ourselves,right. anyway,thx hands_1411 for ur opinion :)

08:54 AM Jan 30 2008 |

englishlabor

China

minora_2006,your comment is very very good,I begin to admire u

01:27 PM Feb 02 2008 |

englishlabor

China

As I see it, when u go to study abroad, u should learn to appreciate the culture and custom as soon as possible,otherwise, u will always suffer homesick.  Good luck for u,hope u will have a wonderful experience during education abroad 

01:33 PM Feb 02 2008 |

Baru

Czech Republic

i think it is great chance but there  are more disadvantages for example when you come back there will be lot of duties

02:26 PM Feb 02 2008 |

hands_1411

hands_1411

Viet Nam

when you come back there will be lot of duties

Of course, we go abroad to study not only for our enjoyment but also for the sense of responsibility to serve our country. There'll be some kind of pressure or something. (If we intended to stayed in the foreign country, it was a lot more difference). But rather, it's not really a disadvantage but the feeling proud of your contribution to your country. 

03:28 PM Feb 02 2008 |

^.^Grace月

^.^Grace月

China

DO you really think it is just  for a piece of paper?

though I have not planned to go aboard ,I think it is more of a pleasure experience than a business.Wink

02:32 PM Feb 05 2008 |

ocean04

ocean04

Turkey

ı think a lot of people, especially who finished college, want to be MS student or study abroad.Because it is a chance to improve his/her knowledge and also language such as English, Germany, French…In addition,people learn different cultures and meet new persons when they study abrod.It is difficult but good experience..

06:12 PM Feb 05 2008 |

ocean04

ocean04

Turkey

ı think a lot of people, especially who finished college, want to be MS student or study abroad.Because it is a chance to improve his/her knowledge and also language such as English, Germany, French…In addition,people learn different cultures and meet new persons when they study abrod.It is difficult but good experience..

06:12 PM Feb 05 2008 |

julietchang

China

learn to face difficulties~~

be sthronger

08:17 AM Feb 06 2008 |