Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

my poor english!!

moiramina

China

hi everyone, i am a lady in china. i am 33 years old. i am ashamed to tell you that i have learned english over ten years, but my english is very pool. maybe i have no chance to use.

and last week i lost a important chance of new job just for my oral english. i am very sad.

i am working in a software company. if you can help me improve my english level, i will be very glad.

my hotmail :   

08:38 AM Jan 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I think that the system does not accept the entry of email addresses, so you can ask the others to use the Ebaby mailing system instead. You could also write: your hotmail name AT hotmail DOT com

You don't have to feel ashamed about your English. In fact, though I speak in English most of the time, my English is still not perfect.

If you can't find others to converse in English, try and watch English films and videos with clear dialogues, and also listen to news broadcasts. As you are already familiar with software, I think you are at a better advantage than most others in being able to access English learning resources from your computer.  

01:56 PM Jan 22 2008 |

fanxiaojie

fanxiaojie

China

my english is also not very well .i beliieve we all can learn them better through hardworking.we should be found of it and afteer  many years we can improve it .aned then we will be happy>

02:25 AM Jan 23 2008 |

Stacy Dan

Stacy Dan

Australia

Actually,i am  a chinese university student,being a member of this site,i rarely go through all these passages ,today i met these all by chance,then i happened to know not myself alone have this kind of problem.I should say never look down yourself,and avoid mentioning too many about your poor english and how bad your english is,just  stick to it,try your efforts to improve it,then one day you will be surprised to find after all these year's of hard work,you really have made it,you really  have achieved your goals,so it is just a matter of time,stick to it and you will never lose heart!

10:33 PM Jan 23 2008 |

moiramina

China

moiramina at hotmail DOT com

01:37 AM Jan 24 2008 |

moiramina

China

thank you for your encouragement

01:38 AM Jan 24 2008 |

xinven

China

I have the same situation as you, my oral english is also very poor and I am always tense when I speak with a foreigner or my boss, bcause my boss is a American. I don't know how to make myself calmly every time when I speak with him alone. I think the most fundamental reason is my poor english, I hope can improve it within the shortest time, I need all of you, my friends, to help me.

02:29 AM Jan 24 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

I don't think it's neccessary only due to your poor English. We all become tense at times when the boss wants to speak to us.

05:51 AM Jan 24 2008 |