Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Choose school in USA

Lanu

Russian Federation

Hello everybody! 

I am going to USA for study English language. But until now I don't choose a city. I think about Los Angeles.
Has anybody studied English language in this city? And what English school did you choose?
Maybe you studied at another city of USA, tell please about you sensations.  I have to choose English school but
I don't know what school :(

11:32 AM Mar 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ihtiander

ihtiander

Uzbekistan

Hello, I suggest you to go California, to Studio city: www.osula.com
Good luck!
Ihtiander

12:00 PM Mar 02 2008 |

Lanu

Russian Federation

Thank you  Ihtiander!

Have you studied at this school? If yes, then how long?  

12:10 PM Mar 02 2008 |

ihtiander

ihtiander

Uzbekistan

Hi, no I applyed for this school and former Vice President was my accaintence.And if you choose this center, I hope you like it.
Ihtiander

12:46 PM Mar 02 2008 |

Lanu

Russian Federation

Have you heard about English First school?

12:52 PM Mar 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Lanu,

I don't know much about English First, but they are a very large company with schools all over the world. I have not heard anything bad about them, though. 

There is a link here on English, Baby! that has a list of schools in the USA.

If you want a personal recommendation, I can tell you about the school I taught at in Denver, Colorado. It is called Bridge-Linguatec, and I think it is an excellent school. They have different programs including immersion programs where you can live with an American family.

Their website is http://www.bridgelinguatec.com/ 

01:21 PM Mar 02 2008 |

Lanu

Russian Federation

Thank you very much Mr gkisseberth!

What do you think how long time I should be in foreign country, that  learned English language very well?

01:43 PM Mar 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Lanu, every student has a different experience, and it depends on how much you will study the language each day, and how much you will use it outside of class. I know students who went from very basic English, to advanced in 4 months, because they were living with an American family and taking classes 4 to 6 hours per day. 

I think you should try to spend as long as you can, depending on the cost. 

01:57 PM Mar 02 2008 |

Lanu

Russian Federation

So, living in American family is better then living in campus. I mean for learning  English language. Excuse me, Do you remember how much cost semester in school where you taught?  Did you teach English language?

02:53 PM Mar 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

If you are going to the USA only to study English, then its good if you can live with an American family. You will be able to practice your English at all times, and learn a lot about life in America. If you live on a campus, it can be good if you will have interaction with American students.

Are you going the the USA to study other subjects, or only English?

I am sorry, I do not know the costs of the school in Denver, but you can check their website for all you need. 

Good luck

03:25 PM Mar 02 2008 |

Lanu

Russian Federation

First time I have to  tighten up my english language and after that I would like to study another subjects. Of course I want  to study subjects from begining but it's impossible without good english language. I would like to study liberal arts. I very like cinematograph.

Of course you are right  knowledge of language completely depends on myself! So I already speak with you! I think that is well. First step to success I have done already :-)

Thank you for consultation !

If I will have another questions may I ask you? 

04:44 PM Mar 02 2008 |