Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Does anybody receive any strange message here?

sunheart

sunheart

China

I'm a new one to ebaby.when I coming in here,I received a strange message.

it involve  deceive by my intuition.

Does  anybody receive any  strange message like me?

11:28 PM May 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

susan$sam

China

i was join in ebaby yesterday.i have't received any message.i am learn computer.i think maybe the message is the system out of work.

02:32 AM May 15 2008 |

sunheart

sunheart

China

yes,it's a good treatment.I wish nobody be deceived here.

06:37 AM May 15 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Just delete any message you receive with wording like this:

i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.

OR like this: As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank in AFRICA. I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church or the organization to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian.

07:01 AM May 15 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

And also like this:
"Congratulations! You have won a lottery! Contact us for further information (or send your details)...bla-bla-blah…"
When I've first received such letter I got really frustrated as I knew – it's just spam or even fraud…but the thought of winning great sum of money , heh…Frown But after 10 such letters every day you'll learn how to ignore themLaughing 

But… Sometimes Ebaby! members send really weird messages Laughing Some of them obviously aren't spam – just great personality and originality LaughingLaughingLaughing (Blockey – if you read this – that's what I meant under extraodinary people who are the "things" I like the most Wink )

07:25 AM May 15 2008 |

sunheart

sunheart

China

yeah,although there is some different content  which I  received, basically the same form .The deceiver use people's greedy desire to cheat.Don't  ignore it.

07:30 AM May 15 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Don't ignore? But what can you do? Well, I agree that you can report your antispam system… But NEVER try to answer it!!! In this can you'll be automatically put in their lists and receive many more such letters … 

08:01 AM May 15 2008 |

sunheart

sunheart

China

I don't know how to solve this question fundamentally.perhaps don't ignore it is a best way.so,what can we do for another way?

08:33 AM May 15 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Pavlionka…I ever received such message…about money..and I replied to them, but not serious..I made it like kidding and wrote something more crazy than theirs!! And lucky me..they never send me message….(maybe they think "this person is more strange and crazy than us..!! Laughing).

09:14 AM May 15 2008 |

sunheart

sunheart

China

pop272001,you are a very facetious man,a  snorty spam turns a interesting thing.It's a nice  way and smart idea to solve it.

09:29 AM May 15 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Laughing2 Popi: Yeah, lucky you! I can understand you.

Once I received a letter from so-called Princess of Cuba who asked me to help her to transfer big sum of money. Well, very common fraud – they send you soppy letter about poor but very rich children (princes or kids of some political figure). Then they ask your bank account (in order to "share with you their heritage"), and if you're stupid enough to tell them – they just rob you. Anyway, I hardly resisted the temptation to tell her what do I know about political situation in Cuba and its "Royal Family" (hahaha) or maybe even tell her that I'm in just the same situation - poor child of belarussian King Tongue out 

But really, it could be dangerous… Luckily, if you don't give out your personal information - only one thing they can do - just bombard you with spam letters. Though it's unpleasant too…

10:17 AM May 15 2008 |