Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Chinese characters

mubrik

Oman

Although  I don't know how to read Chinese, I love the shapes of the Chinese characters. They are very beautiful. I'm a calligrapher(arabic calligrapher), by the way, and I wonder what my name looks like in Chinese

My name is abdullahSmile

09:40 PM Jan 17 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sophiezyn

China

阿卜杜拉~

09:18 AM Jan 18 2009 |

mubrik

Oman

Great…

What is your first name….I will be glad to write it in Arabic Smile

09:47 AM Jan 18 2009 |

ingrid1

ingrid1

Canada

,, i know ,, it's not difficult ,, now

06:10 AM Jan 19 2009 |

Noelle_Lee

Noelle_Lee

Hong Kong

Very nice that you like Chinese character.

uh huh… 

09:10 AM Jan 19 2009 |

China

You can write chinese character without know as a "arabic calligrapher"? I think is very difficult to write a good piece of character due to you can't know what is the the character mean.like "人"  it means person,before you wirte as a calligrapher in China,you should thinking over your life and career's value, make a deep understanding with our history, and then maybe you can do a good job.

07:59 AM Jan 20 2009 |

Beatrice

Beatrice

Taiwan

your name is 阿卜杜拉…maybe u can try to write it …

cheer up:)

05:40 PM Jan 26 2009 |

sophiezyn

China

my first name is Zhang…张 in Chinese。

12:16 PM Jan 27 2009 |

剑士

剑士

China

if a Chinese language leaner has mastered about 1000 characters,he or she can read many essays and books.But an English language learn can not read many books with 1000 words.

12:47 PM Jan 27 2009 |

Abadi_7

Abadi_7

Japan

Hello I am from Saudi Arabia and my name is Abdullah tooNow I study in Japan .. so I can write Chinese characters in JapaneseIt,s raely amazing and I like it .. but I think the Chinese characters in Japanese (Kanji) is much difficult than Chinese characters in Chinese (hanzu) for exsample in C 张  .. and the same characters in Japanese is  張  and I think they have same meaning ..Have a good luck ..!

05:01 AM Jan 28 2009 |

剑士

剑士

China

Since 1949 when the Communist Party founded new China,the authority changed  the traditional  Chinese characters into simplified characters,aiming to make Chinese characters easier to learn.

But  these traditional characters still remains in Taiwan,Hong Kong,Japan,and China Towns overseas.

I am from China  mainland,I learne simplified characters and I can also use traditional characters.

06:08 AM Jan 28 2009 |