Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What do you think of 14th of Feb?

ilyasma

ilyasma

Sri Lanka

Well, lets see what do others think of valentine’s day, here you may share what do you think of valentine’s day, what do you do on that day and etc..

Thanks and hope to hear…

Nice Day

12:52 PM Feb 09 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Nothing…. I'm single..

Also i wouldn't do something if i had bf..

It is a stupidly days.. Just ppl have shops become happy in Valentine Day…

and stupid ones buy too expensive gifts to their bf or gf…

I hate give gift, or be taken a gift from someone!!

One of my firend bought a perfume with 250$ for her bf!

She is definitely and idiot!

04:38 PM Feb 09 2009 |

oblivion07

oblivion07

Syrian Arab Republic

It is just a hoax made by the companies to rip people of their money .. they take advantage of peoples inflated egos .. 

you can`t imagine the amounts of money they make in that day .. 

if someone really loves some one .. do they need a day to express that love ?? what about the rest of the year ?? I think only people who needs conformation of love want to celebrate that day .. cause true love needs no gifts nor roses to be established 

04:45 PM Feb 09 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

:) u r definitely right oblivion07 :)

Never buy an expensive gift to ur gf… :P even to ur wife in valentine days :)

04:51 PM Feb 09 2009 |

oblivion07

oblivion07

Syrian Arab Republic

yep :) sometimes the least gesture means so much more than any gift ever :) just smiling in their faces and showing them that you really love them is the way :)

hmm .. if I didn`t buy my wife a gift .. I may sleep on the sofa for the next month :P kidding :) 

I think making a sigle day dedicated for love really makes understats love and take the purity and that special thing it holds :) 

04:55 PM Feb 09 2009 |

ssabi

ssabi

Poland

You couldnt say it better oblivion07;

One of my mates used to buy his girlfriend gifts for V's. Day and flowers from time to time, but one day she found out he'd been cheating at her. 
That gifts meant nothing

06:38 PM Feb 09 2009 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

14th of Feb. I think I might take my Exams' result at that day Wish mee Luck :) ...Innocent..

07:24 PM Feb 09 2009 |

Pep_Benidorm

Spain

If you have a shop, it's a very good day

08:43 PM Feb 09 2009 |

Chandler2006

China

I think it is a romantic day.it is a day to remind a cuple to do somethings they don't want to do usually.and it is a chance to find a girlfiend easily.haha

01:07 AM Feb 10 2009 |

Joyhui

Ireland

I'm single ,a good day,though:)

Pls contact with me if you 'd like to make friends

02:28 AM Feb 10 2009 |

kozmaedit

kozmaedit

Romania

Hi!!

Yes I also agree with oblivion07. If you love somebody you dont't need to have a particularly day to confirm your love. Everyday it must be a Valentine Day. Everyday lovers should show their love in one or another they, with gestures or communication.

This day was indeed created for business, like other days too. And unfortunately people can be influence , and they are buying whatever they are selling.

12:47 PM Feb 10 2009 |