Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

make fun, tell a joke you know.

0rebel

0rebel

China

i read this a joke:

judge:did you see the shot that was fired?

witness:i only heard it.

judge:this is inadmissible as evidence.

as the witness left the stand and as his back was turned to the judge,he laughted out loud.at once the contempt of court.

witness:did you see me laugh?

judge:no,but i heard you.

witness:isn't that inadmissible evidence,judge?

02:32 AM Apr 27 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

SimpleJW

Sri Lanka

A man shouts angrily at a judge in court "Now which one do you want your honour, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, or only the truth?"

07:34 AM May 09 2007 |

Liton

Liton

Bangladesh

A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money.

The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel. I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing that apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents.

The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them for 20 cents. I continued this system of polishing and selling, each time reinvesting my profits into buying more apples."

"Wow!" said the young man, "and that's how you accumulated your fortune?"

"Nah", said the old man, "my wife's father died and left us two million dollars!"

08:03 AM May 09 2007 |