Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Problems in IELTS exam

mike08

Australia

Hi folks,

I'm doing a research for my Doctorate of Education at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.It's about the problems people are experiencing when taking IELTS test.

I badly needed your help and you can only help me by sharing your experience,comments and complaints about IELTS test. 

Hope everyone who will read this will have a heart to share his experience.
It would be a great help.Thank you.

Regards,
mike

03:38 PM Jun 08 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ms.Moonlight

Oman

hi

I can help u..

now I am busy..I will write my experience and my friends experience later..

if u have questionnaire and u wanna from us to answer it.. I would like to..

and I am sure that my friends will answer bcz they face many problems..

good luck..

06:08 PM Jun 08 2010 |

mike08

Australia

@oman – Thanks so much in advance. LaughingI will look forward to read your experiences and your complaints also.You can email me at . Kindly share my email add to your friends also. And will you please include your test result and if it is possible your certificate. This will be a great help for my research.Tahnk you again.

@mozah – thank you.Laughing May I know what is the result of your test and if possible can you please email your certificate at so much.

09:56 AM Jun 15 2010 |

ALAINWings

ALAINWings

United Arab Emirates

Hello,

Firstly. there are some courses you can join named as preparation for IELTS exam before the time of your exam. Secondly, practicing your language and your hand writing is really important  to reach desired results. In contrast, my experience was terrible that time 5 years ago. I join an education course from my college to join BELL English school in Cambridge. Since I reached there, I had a homesick and the exam was 22 days later. I was in a very bad mood. I had classes to prepare for my exam. Till that time, I entered the exam room and could not focus on the papers. The exam was a bit easy, but you have to care about the time (I got band 6.5 overall). Questions you don't know, pass it by and go through the ones you can solve immediately, try not to be panic and rush with aim on spelling as well.

Best wishes,

Nasser 

02:46 PM Jun 15 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

I have big problem with IELTS….........I cant get work without it.

I exam 5 times I always get 5 or 5.5 …..I have to get 6. really I dont know what should I do.

07:43 PM Jun 18 2010 |

ALAINWings

ALAINWings

United Arab Emirates

@ Nice Shadow, there are many institutes that can prepare you for IELTS exam. Just work harder and You will inshallah get the desired score. All the best :)

10:28 PM Jun 19 2010 |

burhaniqbal

Pakistan

i have been attempting IELTS from previous three years. I have attempted IELTS 7 times. I have serious problem with the Examiners of speaking. Same examiners rate me same every time but different from others.

one time another examiner rate me 7.0 in 2006 

Two times same examiner marked me 7.0 in 2009 and in 2010.

two time another examiner rate me 6.5 in 2010 and 2011.

Two times another examiner  rate me 7.5 in 2010 and 2011. 

i have result cards of ielts to prove.

1 number variation is a big thing in IELTS. Therefore, i do not consider IELTS Speaking test legitimate in recognizing ones speaking skills.

Burhan 

04:59 PM Apr 02 2011 |

vocalbaby

vocalbaby

India

http://just-ielts.blogspot.com/

We have been living in the nuelear age now for over half a century. Since the first atomic bombs were developed, nuclear technology has provided governments with the ability to totally destroy the planet. Yet the technology has been put to positive use as an energy source and in certain areas of medicine.
To what extent is nuclear technology a danger to life on Earth? What are the benefits and risks associated with its use?

These days, many people are afraid of nuclear technology because of the dangers associated with its use. In my opinion, although it is true that nuclear weapons pose the greatest threat to life, the use of nuclear technology for peaceful purposes also carries some serious risks.
Nuclear power stations provide an important source of cheap power for many industrialised nations and some developing countries. However, there is always the danger of radiation leaking from these plants. Even though safety precautions are taken, there have been numerous disasters such as the explosion of a nuclear plant in Russia not long ago.

Nuclear technology is even used to help cure some diseases such as cancer. Radiation can be applied to the body to burn away cancerous cells. This is, however, a dangerous procedure, and the application of radiation is almost always painful and not always successful.

The most worrying aspect of nuclear technology, though, is its use for military purposes. Enough atomic bombs have already been built to completely destroy the planet, and the real danger is that one day some country will start a war with these weapons. Too many countries now have the technology required to make such bombs, and there is currently much debate about how to control the situation.

In conclusion, nuclear technology certainly has positive uses, but is, nonetheless, dangerous. However, it would have been better if it had never been used to create nuclear weapons. If life on Earth is to continue.

10:20 AM Jun 01 2013 |