Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Does your life make sense?

swetik

Germany

Hey everybody! In former times I was younger and had a lot of dreams. I really believed that my dreams or just some of them came true. So my life made sense. Now I don't believe in it any more. Real life is more difficult and much harder than you think. I only live and try to survive. What is life for you? Did all your dreams come true? Do you still have any dreams?

11:28 AM Aug 30 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ajijacobm

ajijacobm

India

Swetic,i’m Aji, since i’m very younger than you, don’t have enough experience than you in life, According to me,i need to say a simple sentence to define life. “beautiful place is always achieved by journey through difficult and worst times in life. ” always think positively. Negative energy may ruin our life. Also one more sentence, if you are feeling that, you are having hard times in your life now, always think that, Mighty God is preparing you a big suprise after you succeed in that worst times. After that, you may feel that, due to those circumstances, i have reached somewhere. For eg) a child will not be able to learn cycling without falling from cycle once:-). Sorry, if you feel i’m too smart for advicing you. Also sorry, for my bad english, since i’m not so fluent in english.

01:41 PM Aug 30 2010 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

you were young and unafraid :) 

dreams were made  used and waisted :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nox2DRCAKxk

try other dreams : ) there is more time for more n different dreams,change the plan,,,,,,,,,,,

What is life for you? Did all your dreams come true? Do you still have any dreams?

life is ….....life Embarassed

naaaaaaah  not all my dreams come true just some of them :P

it is my fate if i didn't achieve alll my dreams and I have to accept it also our dreams and way of looking to the future differs than it was some years ago so we  should have some alternatives,,,, :) ,,or keeeeeeeeep seeeeeeking :) ..

it is hard but this is life :S

04:07 AM Aug 31 2010 |

ramin145

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i don't have dreams anymore !!!

i don't know what is behind this

as u get older your dreams decrese

03:02 PM Aug 31 2010 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

1971 young people have thought about the same topic…led zeppelin gave us at this time the song STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHFxncb1gRY

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter

And it makes me wonder

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen

Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Your head is humming and it won't go in case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady can't you hear the wind blow and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Woe oh oh oh oh oh

09:54 PM Aug 31 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

I believe that everyone's life makes sense, because every single person in this world has some kind of effect. Even little babies that die not too long after their birth have an effect on their relatives' lives, e.g. the parents who throughout the whole pregnancy may be happy that very soon they'll become parents, the relatives who after this infant's death may understand that it isn't self-evident to be alive and this thought may make them grateful to live etc.

Even someone who after an accident or something remains paralyzed and thus starts feeling less useful than before affects people: For example a while ago I heard about a young man who got paralyzed at the age of only 17 or 18 years. In this interview he gave, he said that back then he considered his situation to be hopeless, but that after a while he learned to accept his fate and even was able to go on with his life. By doing so he gave hope and strength to other people who are in a similar (or even the same) seemingly hopeless situation.

About your dreams: I guess everyone has some dreams that may never come true and in Germany there even is a proverb saying "If you've reached all your aims, then it's very likely that you haven't aimed high enough!" However after thinking hard enough you might consider some of your elder dreams to be ridiculous aswell and if you want you may find some new dreams, hopes and wishes to replace them.

10:44 PM Nov 16 2010 |

thewaytoyourhartSuper Member!

Hungary

how young, still so wise..

07:52 PM Jan 24 2011 |

Alejandro I

Cuba

SWEETIK I GUESS THE ANSWER IS WITHIN YOU . IT ONLY DEPENDS ON YOUR INNER WORLD. IF YOU DON´T HAVE A SPIRITUAL WORLD , I DON´T MEAN RELIGION, I´M QUITE SURE YOUR LIFE WILL BE TOTALLY EMPTY. TRY TO LIVE EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE THE LAST OF YOUR LIFE.

THANKS

09:15 PM Jan 28 2011 |