Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

voice chat is it good for improving english

mailtopp

mailtopp

India

HI,I WANT TO SPEAK FLUENT ENGLISH.WHO KNOW THE VOICE CHAT TELL ME PLEASE .

01:40 AM Jul 30 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

axialload

axialload

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi what's ur yahoo messanger's ID? mine is "Axialload" i'll be delighted to hear from u

02:57 PM Sep 18 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

hello,
i’m ahmed, a 20 year old boy. I’m looking for someone who can practice english with me in order to improve my and his/her speaking skills.
i’ll be happy to be your friend.
MSN : ahmedbleach(at)hotmail.com
Skype ID : ahmedbleach
yahoo messenger : ahmedhandball(at)yahoo.com
I’m looking forward hearing from you. good bye.

11:25 PM Oct 30 2007 |

sedurios

Chile

hi, im learn english and i need practice my english

12:05 AM Dec 05 2007 |

alavirad

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi

I'd like to improve my English by chat. My Eng is not very good but I think I can learn it easily. Contact me please.

04:17 PM Jan 08 2008 |

gonzelius

gonzelius

Argentina

Voice chat is great for improving your speaking skills in a foreign language. These days,  you  don't even need to download software to do that. For example there's Shared Talk, www.sharedtalk.com which is a web-based flash application that allows you to have a voice one-on-one conversation with a student learning your native language in exchange for the language you are learning (in this case English—but it can be any number of different languages).

Of course you can always use skype which is really popular now for voice chat and also yahoo messenger and msn messenger that work really well too.

Bear in mind that in order for you to have a successful conversation, a headset is highly recommended. If you don't have one, you can always resort to regular headphones and a microphone. This greatly improves the sound quality as you won't get the echo or delay effect that is common when using loudspeakers and a microphone. Another important thing is having a broadband Internet service although that is not indispensable. In my experience, as long as one of the parties has a broadband Internet connection, you would be able to carry out a conversation successfuly.

Let's hope that Englishbaby! adds one of these apps so this amazing English-learning community doesn't have to go elsewhere to practice their conversation skills. 

05:24 PM Jan 08 2008 |

emilyfan912

China

hi there,

I 'd like to improve my english as well.I am a chinese.At the moment I live in UK.My english is just ok,I want to chat and practice pure english in the purpose to get more chance to jobs and communicate with friends. 

contact meSmile

Emily

05:41 PM Jan 08 2008 |

khedr

Egypt

Hi , i'm Hhmed . From Egypt , and i wish to improve my English with a native speaker , or even with any learner .

please contact me :

thank u .

07:19 PM Jan 08 2008 |

osama

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

i like english so much , and i would improve it via take with yahoo messenger my address is oos_12000

07:50 PM Jan 08 2008 |

rafay rafi

rafay rafi

Pakistan

i know the voice chat im intrested to doing voice chat r u??

07:58 PM Jan 08 2008 |