Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Language Exchange Partner/Chat?

Cindy1

United States

Hi all,

Just wondered who speaks to native speakers of the languages you’re learning (English, French etc.) to practise and learn the language that way? 

I’m currently using www.easylanguageexchange.com to find language partners and have made a lot of great friends on there, everyone’s really friendly and is a real confidence booster – is anybody else on there? 

Thought this might be useful; in my experience practising and learning languages with native speakers is much better than reading a book etc. 

What do you think?

03:09 PM Jul 28 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yousefkohpeyma

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,certainly you are right,native speakers could help us a great deal about learning a foreign language and I believe for learning a language books and the like are more artificial,by the way thanks for introducing that website because I,m learning Spanish and I have been looking for a partner,I think I can find it there better.

07:15 AM Aug 04 2013 |

heroman1973

United States

hi i’m from egypt and i want to learn speak english with native speaker

and i can learn he/she the arabic too

03:28 AM Oct 15 2013 |

Cindy1

United States

Youse,

I have seen you on the site, that’s great. Books help for understanding the language and grammar but you really to need to practise often or you forget and all that time you put in feels like a waste! 

How often does everyone need to practise you think?

08:21 AM Dec 04 2013 |

yousefkohpeyma

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Cindy, you mean on Ebaby? Well, I go along with you on languages being elusive. In my view, the process of learning a language should be as much continuous as possible to not forget it, as you said. And when it comes to English, in terms of some aspects, like its being more voluminous compared to other international languages, it makes it harder for its learners learn it in this regard. I think it depends on the learners aims how often they practise a language, for instance, I have been preparing myself so as to take IELTS exam, therefore I have to study English almost everyday if I want to achieve my aimed band score. For others with varied purposes it can require more or less time.

12:47 PM Dec 04 2013 |

Cindy1

United States

“If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” – Nelson Mandela RIP

11:28 AM Dec 11 2013 |