Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Suggestion

Kenith

Australia

<!-==text==begin==-> Hi Doc,I found most ofthe slang terms you introduced lately are not veryappealing. I mean, people can get hold of themeanings intuitively. Can you introduce some”real” slang or idiomatic terms from now on thatpeople can’t guess?

One question thistime:

“She made him a good wife.” Does this makesense? Can I say “She made herself a good wife forhim”? What’s the difference?? I’m reallypuzzled.

Bye,

Kenith

Replies:
<!-==10119==0==end==->

02:21 AM May 11 2000 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kenith

Australia

<!-==text==begin==-> Hi Doc,I agree with youthat you should keep everyone happy for now. But Iwould like to point out that I was not saying thedifficulty level of the slang words youintroduced. Some words could be very easy for mebut quite difficult for others, and vice versa. Sothat does not make sense. What I suggested wasthat I think the words you are introducing shouldnot be “intuitively understandable”—that is,should not be self-evident just by guessing. Justmy suggestion.

Regards,

Kenith

<!-==10119==284==end==—>

01:27 AM May 12 2000 |