Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

hi guys, I have an important quesiton to ask:) Thx indeed

hardrock

hardrock

China

My customer wrote a letter to me last week, he said" Payment to china is fine with me but I can't take they money with myself, with all due respect my godfather's days are over, in case…..." My question is what meaning is My godfather's day are over.

Thanks a lot:))

06:42 AM Nov 01 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

helenadai

China

My leader is an foreniger i asked her ,but the answer is not clear for me because i am not belive in Jesus, i do not understand "godfather" but from the sentence it means that day has already passed Sealed

08:22 AM Nov 01 2007 |

muhammadmansour

Nigeria

HELLO

Hemeans that "one who take care of his activities loose his position in work"to my own view  Smile

01:33 PM Nov 01 2007 |

muhammadmansour

Nigeria

hellooooooooooooooooo!

this means his sponsor loose his job 

01:37 PM Nov 01 2007 |

cherrye

cherrye

Philippines

It could mean…

He cannot be charitable anymore,

He is in constraint with regards to releasing funds.

"godfather's days are over" is a figure of speech, i guess.

Godfather normally give gifts on big occasions. But unfortunately, my godfathers would normally hide during Christmas time. :-) I would do a great deal of collecting when i get married! hahaha 

09:46 AM Nov 02 2007 |

INNOVATIVE PIONEER

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi

somebody's/something's day: a successful period of time in someone's life or in something's existence.

godfather informal: the head of a criminal organization such as the MAFIA (but it dosen't mean that your customer used to be the head of a criminal organization it refers to ability of your customer in the past. DID you get my point?)

over: finished.

I think now you can grasp the meaning of the sentence.

05:38 PM Nov 02 2007 |