Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

too bad english

chinaar27

Pakistan

assalam o allaikum!

my teachers says your sentense structure and grammar is too bad;you have a habit that first you think in urdu then afterwards you taranslte it in english. i don't know what should i do.Cry

09:46 AM Nov 11 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Well, chinaar, you only need to continue to study and practice. There is no easy fix. 

When you learn more English and you start to be more comfortable with it, you will start to think in English instead of Urdu.

For now, you should read and listen to as much English as you can. Even if you don't understand all of it, you will see how sentences are formed and how the grammar works, just from seeing or listening. Soon it will become more natural.

Don't be discouraged. Your problem is one every learner has. It takes a lot of study and practice and time before we can start to think in another language. And remember that even when your grammar or sentence structure are not perfect, you can usually still be understood, and the most important part of learning a new language is learning to communicate, not being perfect.

Good luck! 

12:49 PM Nov 11 2007 |

chinaar27

Pakistan

assalam o allaikum!

thanks sir for guidence.i would be grateful to you if you could help me in learning english.

03:06 PM Nov 19 2007 |