Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

selavy59

Germany

Lovely story. I'm not sure that I agree with the moral of the story though. But that's a whole new can of worms.

Just one small point:

"He wanted to spade his potato garden"

Spade cannot be used as a verb.

Use

"He wanted to dig his potato garden" 

09:12 AM Dec 04 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

indeed a nice expression of moral lesson…with a funny glitter  in it.  You are right nadiaaa and dignified…its the will power…your willingness to do such thing… makes it different. Its just like molding a certain figure…that even how you tried..if your heart is not on it..if you are not willing to do it…the result is not good. But if you have that will power…you are devoted to do such thing…then there is no doubt that you can do it…and the result will be much appreciated.

12:51 PM Dec 04 2007 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

thnx selavy 59 for pointing out mistake.

and thnx to all too.

07:40 AM Dec 05 2007 |

lqfaaa

China

just do it.

07:53 AM Dec 05 2007 |

historymidnight

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

this is not will power in my idea . its just power of intelligence

07:56 AM Dec 05 2007 |

historymidnight

why spade cannot  be used as verb,

spade as verb :dig over with a spade. ▶move or lift with a spade

08:04 AM Dec 05 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

historymidnight why do you think that its not the will power but the power of inteligence? can you explain us how you came up to that opinion? What is the difference between will power and power of intelligence? i respect your opinion but just wanna know why?

09:27 AM Dec 05 2007 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

sweet10hearts, it is a good question yoo put out.

is any one elaborate it.

06:00 AM Dec 07 2007 |

historymidnight

yes sweetheart .there is differenc between these 2 sub. that man was just a clever man who found out what he can do. will power is a kind of power in use can do something which other think impossible. an addict will to quit .it is not depend on his intelligence

04:08 PM Dec 30 2007 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

thnx historymidnight u explained.

but i think if person has no desire or will to do any thing then how could he use his intelligence skills.

intelligence skills when you examine your experties in any kind of situation and.  

will power you have to do much better in limited resources.

06:26 AM Jan 01 2008 |