Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Vacation

Vacation

Date: Aug 25 2006

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

In the US, August is one of the most popular months to take a vacation. Americans go to National Parks like Yellowstone National Park. They also visit some of the country’s cities like New York City and San Francisco. And sometimes they visit other countries too.

Listen to Kevin and Logan talk about some vacation memories.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Kevin

Kevin

Mason

Mason

Kevin:  So you got any, uh, big summer vacation plans?

Mason:  Well I kinda already took my summer vacations. Uh, I took a road trip down…

Kevin:  Sweet.

Mason:  ...Down to California. I did, uh… I shot gunned it down to Los Angeles in a day. Took me about four—

Kevin:  Wow!

Mason:  Took me about 14 hours, that was kind of a trek. Um, and then I was, I actually went to Belize for a couple of weeks, uh, which…

Kevin:  Fantastic.

Mason:  ... was, was incredible, but, uh…

Kevin:  I’ve never been. I’ve heard it’s really sweet.

Mason:  You know, not my… certainly, they were, they were both fun, but I wouldn’t call ‘em my favorite vacations. What, like… if you were to pick your top vacation, right? What would it be?

Kevin:  I can tell you, I think, one of my funniest vacations. When I was a kid, we, we, we boarded a plane to London, and my father pulled out six matching Gore-Tex jackets. I, I wore it, you know, but, like, we got caught in the turnstiles on the Tube, you know, it was really embarrassing, but un—unforgettable. I will never forget that vacation.

Mason:  My craziest vacation actually is also a family vacation. But I met my parents, they decided to take a trip down to Italy and made the mistake of of renting a car. And if you’ve ever driven in Italy… Uh… it, it, it, like, it took three of us to drive the car. My Dad actually moved the mechanics, I had to, like, watch the road and the signs, and my mom was looking at the map and telling us where we were actually trying to get to. It was a three-man operation. Uh, I don’t think we’ve ever been more stressed.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Kevin and Mason both have funny family vacation memories.

Kevin says he will never forget the matching jackets in London.

Renting a car in Italy was a stressful experience for Mason and his parents.

Do you take vacations with your family? Where do you like to go?

Comments

setarezarin

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I went vacation with my family alot .I think isfahan is the most beautiful city in Iran.I want to go to Mecca and I like to go to India one day,too.

02:04 PM Feb 05 2014 |

peppermint_91

Germany

I’d really like to go to USA,especially to Los Angeles. I think that would be really fun.

08:12 PM Aug 28 2006 |

rehab_gad2000

Egypt

Egypt, It is a mazing country. Every place in egypt is really wonderfull.

05:00 PM Aug 26 2006 |

constfang

constfang

China

I want to travel, but since I don’t have enough money, I can’t.

10:44 AM Aug 25 2006 |

KOMOO

KOMOO

Taiwan

I like travel.

03:36 AM Aug 25 2006 |

emai

emai

Philippines

i’m planning to take a vacation with my family at the bohol beach club, coz this is a perfect place for my family where we can relax & unwind.

03:27 AM Aug 25 2006 |

Likes (46):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast