Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

YouTube
YouTube

Learn English meaning of YouTube

Date: May 15 2019

Themes: Hobbies, Tech

Grammar: Simple Present Tense

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

We can all spend too much time on the Internet. There are endless websites to visit, and no matter what your interests are, there is more than one video that you’ll like. Funny and interesting videos are shared every day, and it seems like there are videos about everything.

YouTube is the most popular site for videos when you’re searching for something to watch. It can be a music video to your favorite song, or a tutorial video that teaches you how to do something. There are even videos to teach you English on YouTube!

Brian and Gary talk about the different things they watch on YouTube. Find out more in today’s English lesson about videos on the web.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Brian

Brian

Gary

Gary

Brian:  I was watching a kitten video today on YouTube, Gary.

Gary:  Of course you were watching a kitten video on YouTube. That’s exactly where I watch all of my kitten videos.

Brian:  Isn’t that what YouTube’s good for?

Gary:  Well, it’s also really great for content that’s created by people who are doing things like vlogs and just talking about their life.

Brian:  Like the YouTube celebrities. The people who are really famous for YouTube web series and stuff like that?

Gary:  Yeah. There are people out there making web series based on an entire story arc or something else that’s personal.

Brian:  I guess that’s pretty neat that it’s independently produced.

Gary:  Yeah. There’s such a variety of content on YouTube as well.

Brian:  I just watch kitten videos. And every once in a while a music video. But now I’ll have to check out some of these other things.

Gary:  Yeah, just put some music videos on and let them play. And you can listen to an album or you can go through a variety of songs. It’s really great.

Brian:  I’ll have to look into that more.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Simple Present Tense" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Brian and Gary both like watching videos on YouTube. Brian especially likes to watch kitten videos. Who doesn’t? Sometimes he’ll also watch music videos. Gary tells him about other types of content on the website.

Gary talks about web series and vlogs that are independently produced by YouTube users. He agrees with Brian that it’s great to just listen to music videos and to find new music on YouTube. Brian is going to check out some of the new suggestions from Gary.

Do you watch YouTube? What kinds of videos do you watch on YouTube?

Comments

AlexbrigoliSuper Member!

Philippines

I watch English lessons on Youtube. 

05:27 PM May 15 2019 |

KlausR

Germany

I rearly watch youtube. When i watch, then i look for an explanation for a problem.

best regards

05:30 AM May 15 2019 |

noter

noter

Turkey

I am watching tv series on youtube. İn Turkey Diriliş Ertuğrul is very popular. I am watching this programme on youtube. And I interest in woodworking and I saw a most video about this.

12:46 PM Jun 18 2018 |

1 person likes this

nasrin jojo

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

most websites are educational specially youtube and like that but i visit this site once in while.

after that i try to visit and use all kinds of videos and songs in it.

thanks a lot:-) 

06:38 PM May 14 2015 |

1 person likes this

asef

asef

Afghanistan

Youtube is a great website , I think every one likes this interesting website , I use it almost every otherday, Espacially for new things such as video, story , health information, or any other new technology in the world .

05:57 AM May 10 2015 |

La Princesse de la vie

Egypt

I only get on Youtube when I’m searching for a lyrics video for a song I liked. And it happens every once a while that I look for some tutorial videos when I need to.

It’s really a great website. You can find a big variety of videos about a lot of contents out there..

08:43 PM May 09 2015 |

Wuthering

United States

I’ve saved a lot of money by watching YouTube to repaire my car . 

02:45 PM May 09 2015 |

naira71

naira71

Azerbaijan

I like watching intersting vlogs ,but especially  youtube is unchangeable when I want to hear some new song forexample   and at last I can find  a tutorial video  when want to learn something new.Its really enjoyable to learn some skill without reading or seaching somewhere.

02:20 PM May 09 2015 |

Jasonlongo

Jasonlongo

Congo, Democratic Republic Of The

Actually, I’m on Youtube !

01:31 AM May 09 2015 |

1 person likes this

Oopa

Oopa

Iraq

YOUTUBE!! و ما ادراك ما الـ YOUTUBE :D
استغفر الله و الشكر ع كل حال !!

10:50 PM May 08 2015 |

1 person likes this

Djana

Djana

Algeria

yeah,i watch Youtube too much,i watch songs and also i watch videos which helps me to study,so it’s very useful

09:22 PM May 08 2015 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

Youtube, for sure, a very inspiring, very entertaining website. You pick what is up to your interest and will be amazed how many kind, nice, sharing people will be on your prescribed channels. On Youtube, you can fulfill your dream in getting a new skill in drawing, cooking, dancing and you name it. And it’s not necessarilly to follow a celebrity. I came across very amazing people who keep their vlogs up to date. About cats, I like Sho Ko channel :)

06:26 PM May 08 2015 |

s11211s

s11211s

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Sometimes I google to find some tutorial to learn how could I do something, such repairing somethings or some work in an application, the result of google are some link to YouTube!

There are a lot of video on youtube but I use YouTube to learn something and also sometimes I use YouTube to see some video that where mentioned by English,baby’s lessons!

NIJ321655

NIJ321655

United States

I like youtube you can find music that you like.

01:59 PM May 08 2015 |

Naveen Singh Shahi

India

Hi, YouTube How are you? Long time no see.

You all are thinking, what’s a rubbish question he is asking.

Actually what can say about this website I can’t express any about it? The YouTube is vast in searching videos, news, entertainment, films, cartoons, fiction, science etc. 

11:35 AM May 08 2015 |

1 person likes this

Likes (22):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog: