Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Zombie Run
Zombie Run

Learn English meaning of ‘zombie run’

Date: Oct 28 2016

Themes: Hobbies, Holidays, Pop Culture, Sports

Grammar: It's vs. Its

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Are you the type of person who likes to have fun while you exercise? Do you like to get social status by joining fun events? Then, maybe you will want to go on a Zombie Run for Halloween. Zombie Runs have become very popular in many places. Each person wears a zombie costume so they look like the living dead. Then, they join others and run together.

A Zombie Run is always a process. There are many different types of Zombie Runs. Sometimes, everyone is an infected zombie. But at other events, some people are humans, and they must run to escape from zombies. These events are a fun way to enjoy sweating with a group of friends while looking for some tasty brains to eat.

Romeo is excited about a Zombie Run, but Dominique doesn’t understand why. Listen to today’s English lesson to hear their opinions.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Dominique

Dominique

Romeo

Romeo

Dominique:  Did you see that sign for the Zombie Run next week?

Romeo:  Uh… yeah, I saw it. Why, what’s up?

Dominique:  Why would anybody want to do that?

Romeo:  That’s awesome! You wouldn’t want to Zombie Run?

Dominique:  For what? Like, I don’t understand why. You’re going to run, first of all, and then, you’re going to wear a costume.

Romeo:  That’s awesome!

Dominique:  But for what?

Romeo:  For fun! For recognition. For social status. I don’t know… It’s just… It’s fun!

Dominique:  Which part? The sweating and the exercising, or the putting the costume on, and…

Romeo:  Well, it’s a process. It’s the whole thing. It’s putting it on and getting all zombie-like and then, you know, running like you’re chasing after some food.

Dominique:  But you’re acting as if you’re dead. You’re not living. You’re infected. Your brains are coming out as you run. I don’t understand… why are we friends? I don’t know you.

Romeo:  Yeah, but you like the show Walking Dead.

Dominique:  Love it, but I’m not walking… you know, this is a run… it’s not a walking dead marathon.

Romeo:  Yeah, well… you do you, and I’ll do me.

Dominique:  All righty! Friendship divorce!

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "It's vs. Its" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Dominique saw a sign advertising a Zombie Run. She asks Romeo why anyone would want to do this. Romeo loves the idea of a Zombie Run. He thinks it’s just a lot of fun, and he enjoys the idea of dressing up in a zombie costume. Dominique loves zombies, too. However, she doesn’t want to wear a costume and then go running.

Dominique’s opinion is that exercising and zombies don’t mix. She can’t imagine dressing up, acting like you’re infected, and sweating from exercise all at the same time. Romeo doesn’t understand why she doesn’t like this idea. Dominique jokes that she and Romeo are so different that they shouldn’t be friends. Romeo doesn’t mind, he’s happy as long as he can be himself, and Dominique can be herself.

Do you think it would be fun to go on a Zombie Run? What is your favorite type of costume?

Comments

Semen_80

Russian Federation

This is absolutely great idea to wear a costume. But not for this kind of run – Zombie. For me it is rather New Year celebration or something where all people are happy :-) 

But Romeo is right – I am doing me and you are going do you.

05:08 AM Oct 28 2016 |

Likes (2):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast