Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

MONEY SCAM

mrsun

Argentina

WATCH  OUT FRIENDS OF EBABY THERE IS A SCAM GOING ON PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT THEY LIVE IN AMERICA REALY ARE IN AFRICA TRING TO GET YOU TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT OR SEND THEY ALOT OF MONEY .YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO A WOMAN BUT YOUR TALKING TO A MAN.PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING

05:40 AM Dec 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

labrooy61

labrooy61

Australia

This is a fact of life on any penpal site.  As soon as someone mentions money be very wary.  One of the best ways to combat it is to "out" the member as soon as you can.  Report them to the site managers but also let everyone know.  It is only a minor inconvenience to the scammers as they join under a different name but at least it does make it inconvenient for a while.

06:52 AM Dec 16 2007 |

lips

lips

Malaysia

I like all to know I can't understand why the scammers are continuously trying to aim at our posters with their pathetic stories of needing money.

I hope that someone out there can inform the relevant authorities and let them get caught someday.  Usually, they operate from cyber cafe outlets or public places and are people who are involved in bad stuff and I think it is a syndicate.

12:30 PM Jan 18 2008 |