Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Tobacco - A Crime Against Humanity!

Genti

Genti

Albania

Tobacco – A Crime Against Humanity!

Believe me.. no other consumer product in the history of the world has even come close to inflicting this amount of damage on mankind. If anything else of this magnitude was to pose the same threat to life, whether it was human induced or naturally occurring – be it war, terrorist attack, genocide, ethnic cleansing, natural disaster or disease, it would as a rule command immediate international intervention! Think about the current ‘war on terror’. So why isn’t it?

You would have learnt how to smoke from that very first cigarette, as you most certainly practised the draw-back and other styles of smoking until you finally achieved that great smokers status.

If you were born to be a smoker then maybe your nose would have been made upside down (like a chimney) with a little umbrella over it to keep the rain out! You’d have a special filtration system for your lungs and firemen wouldn’t need any breathing apparatus either.

Seriously now, you wouldn’t pour toxic chemicals in to the fuel tank of your car, truck, motor home or bike – would you? So why is it we can suck in over 4000 toxic chemicals with every cigarette and not really think anything of it (until it’s too late). Your life has got to be more valuable than your car or truck.

There are dozens of what I call 'Smoker Myths' associated with nicotine addiction, some of them are like this….

Myth#1. "I enjoy smoking, it makes me feel good" ever said something like that, or what about….
Myth#2. "I really enjoy the flavour of tobacco" are you kidding me!!! (Dog vomit would taste better)
Myth#3. "I'm just soooo stressed out, I need a cigarette"

These Smoker Myths become apart of the smoking culture or belief system. How many times do you think a non-smoker would make these statements?

NEVER!!
You don’t lose anything when you quit smoking, as a matter of fact you gain life, health and money. Did you know that you can quit smoking anytime you choose to?

08:41 PM Jan 11 2008 |