Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are women happier now?

Helenw5

Helenw5

Mexico

Hello everybody,

I was just wondering whether people think that women in their country are happier now than the women of your grandmother´s generation?

04:10 PM Jan 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

happy magic hi

China

I do not think women are happier now.They have to struggle in this society,this cruel society.They have heavier stress.They face work family or lonely.Wemen like to shopping when they are bored or happy or even sad.I think they most happy women are the mothers.To them,it is they most happy thing is playing with their little baby when they put everything away.

04:47 PM Jan 14 2008 |

medooza

medooza

United Kingdom

hello

I think, my generation of women have better than generation of my grandmother had because my generation have more to say in this world finally. women have equality of rights nowadays. and they can be more happier than ever. they are more respected than ever.

05:33 PM Jan 14 2008 |

irfan268

Pakistan

in everytimes it is the woman who is most loved throughout the world ,what is meant by they are happier now?they were ,they are ,they will be

11:09 PM Jan 14 2008 |

almiux

almiux

Mexico

I think this generation of women have more oportunities because   they can be mothers, daughters, wifes, have a job, be students these reasons help her to be happier. In last times they have more dificults with the life because had few posibilies they was only housewifes.

03:30 AM Jan 16 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

should be yes!! 'coz now we have lots of chance to get our idea..such as job, career, education, living single or not. In my country, eldest generation had different function between man and woman. Man had  task primarily to get money for hisfamily (external area) and woman had tasks to do all jobs in internal area/home. Beside that, woman had no chance to choose whatever she likes. Woman should had taken a man who had been given by her parents. But after one of our woman hero "Kartini" brought her great idea about "emancipation"...we , woman in Indonesia, has been getting free to choose whatever we like…highest education, good job, best career, and choose who right man for our soul mate…

04:57 AM Jan 16 2008 |

Laura chen

Laura chen

China

Of course, we are never being man's stooge.

06:31 AM Jan 16 2008 |

pedrogaet

pedrogaet

Mexico

I think that the women are happier than our grandmother's generation, because today the women have more economic independence, in the last decade the women have could jut in the politics and public life in my contry.

10:16 PM Jan 16 2008 |

JC182

JC182

Mexico

hi!!!!

I think that new generation of women are happier than our grandma's generation because in this time their have more independence than the past, now they're free to choose wheterver they like…. in the past women couldn't go to the high school, or they was doing anything that the man said…..

10:47 PM Jan 16 2008 |

maxballeza

maxballeza

Mexico

I think women are happier today because they are free of make a decision. Women now are doing everything, they have excellent jobs, they do what they want to do!! there are female doctors, engineers, even senators!! In contrast to yesterday's women who use to stay at home to serve the dinner. took care about their childs and used to wait their husbands.

11:07 PM Jan 18 2008 |

Minakku

Minakku

Japan

Yes.

i think women are happier. We are happy!!

06:50 AM May 14 2008 |