Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

American culture??

God with Joanne

Taiwan

I'm a 14-year-old girl in China, I always dream about going to the U.S.A Can anybody tell me the culture in America?  Thank you very much !

02:08 PM Feb 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Anastasia

Anastasia

China

I'm a 16-year-old girl in China, too.Nice to meet you. And I also want to know about the U.S.A. Because I want to go to the Disney land. Mikey mouse,I relly love it.It's cute and clever,don't you think?Ahh…If you know something about American culture, please tell me.Thank you!  . 

03:25 PM Feb 05 2008 |

beko

beko

Sudan

hi sister
iam also want go 2 U.S.A but i don`t know the way if u find way please let me know iam waiting lottery .all the best 4 u.

03:35 PM Feb 05 2008 |

hands_1411

hands_1411

Viet Nam

Well, if you want to know deeply about American culture, I recommend just googling with some key words such as "American culture, Culture in America…". Finding some books or references is a good idea, too. E.g "American ways". 

I'm not actually living there, but as I know there're many like you have dreamed of a beautiful life in America. And in the world there're numerous opposite opinions about their culture, both praise and criticism. There're some statements I can tell you

- For America is a big nation, including its huge size it has been a place where various kinds of people are living together.

- And that among them there're a great number of immigrations, they're considered as people living in a "melting-pot" of hundreds of different races. This is also dates back to decades, even centuries ago. Try reading their history, in which one of its parts telling about the time they were colonized by English.

- They works very hard, sometimes crazily. Their lifestyle is much more fast than ours in our country.

Well, studying about American culture is one of the most exciting subjects. Just make sure that you have done it well enough before going there.  

09:17 PM Feb 05 2008 |

ALAsheep

ALAsheep

China

I come from China.But in my English lessons,my teacher always tell us many things about the USA.So I look forward 2 travel 2 the USA,especially NYC.

I know something about HIPHOP culture.U know,it came up being in the USA.But at first,it's just for the black.At that time they're poor(although it hasnt become better nowadays),so they dance and rap 4 fun.But who knowed that would soon become a fashion throughout da world?HIPHOP includes many things,such as street dance.I am a street dancer in China.It's very popular now.And HIPHOP music is wonderful.some famous HIPHOP singers here:50cent,Eminem,Jay-z & so on.

There's no doubt that American culture influences our life a lot.In our school,there're many rock music fans.and most bands they like are from the USA!

04:35 AM Feb 06 2008 |

God with Joanne

Taiwan

What do western people think about estern people? it's a big question for me. Can anyone tell me~~  thank you very much!

06:04 AM Feb 06 2008 |

pres.prince

India

well.. they think … we suck…....

11:24 AM Feb 06 2008 |