Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do you think donuts have hole in the middle?

Leia_14

Leia_14

Philippines

I’ve been asking this question since childhood. Can somebody help me find the answer: “Why do you think donuts have hole in the middle?”

03:08 AM Mar 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

owendavis33

Philippines

jam is inserted into round sweets using a container with a pointed cover.
I have a question too: “How would you describe red to blind person since birth?”

05:10 AM Mar 05 2008 |

Leia_14

Leia_14

Philippines

Since he/she cannot see, he/she doesn’t have any idea of how it looks like. And even though you’ve tried to explain everything to him/her about being red, he/she still will not get it. So better tell him/her what red symbolizes. Example: Red symbolizes courage and love.

05:15 AM Mar 05 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Ohhh, perhaps when a food item like this is cooked in the form of a ring, there is a lot more area on the outside that is nice and crisp, while the middle will be cooked just right. Difficult to do that if the dough is just in one lump. There is a similar looking food item made by the South Indians, Ulundu Vadai. A Vadai is a fried savory (non sweet) item.

07:00 AM Mar 05 2008 |

Randyinseattle

United States

Kanobi, Do you have any ideahow twisted this subject could get if people provided slightly different versions of your suggested answer :) HAHAHA!

Can you say "Enticement"?

01:21 PM Jun 22 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

this reminds me of my little brother's question.who can win in a fight an ant or an elephant. can you answer him?Laughing

02:29 PM Jun 23 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

First, if there isn’t a hole in the middle, we couldn’t call it donat, but donal! LOL…! Second, i think not all donat has a hole, there are many various style right now!

03:20 PM Jun 23 2008 |

okbah

Syrian Arab Republic

donut = do and not

do in the eadges

not in the midle

:...so easy

09:30 PM Jul 08 2008 |