Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

集结号

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Has anyone seen this movie?

I've heard both good and bad things about it.

It is the opening film of the Busan film festival.

06:40 AM Mar 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

what's the film, friend?

07:28 AM Mar 11 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

I have heard about it but haven't watch it…

07:34 AM Mar 11 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

http://assembly.hbpictures.com/english/index.html

The film is about a Communist soldier fighting against the Kuomingtang, the Chinese Nationalist Army. It looks really, really interesting!

Unforunately, there is not a definite release date for the United States. Of all of the director's movies, only "Big Shot's Funeral" is available in the US through mail-order. Although, you could probably find more in Chinatown.

07:44 AM Mar 11 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

I am interested. Who are the actors involve in this film? 

08:39 AM Mar 11 2008 |

rxning

rxning

China

I had saw the film,I m very good, you should see the film if you have a opportunity.

09:00 AM Mar 11 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

It looks very interesting, it will probably be released in the United States in the fall. There are pirated copies available now on the streets of Seoul, but they do not have English subtitles!

03:17 AM Mar 12 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

yes i have seen this film.

i am shocked and moved by the movie.this film is directed by Feng Xiaogang,a famous director in china.do you know THE BANQUET?it's also by him.

there are not so many famous actors,and seems that there is only one actress…but anyhow,it's really a good movie,they have done a good job.worth watching

07:08 AM Mar 12 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

There was one actor in the movie who is famous in the West, but he was the only one.

I have heard of the Banquet but have not seen it. In America we get many of our movies from Netflix (www.netflix.com) that allows us to rent movies over the internet and have them delivered to our home. Netflix does not have many Feng Xiaogang movies available.

04:10 AM Mar 13 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

I don't appreciate Banquet so much.. it's not a successful movie.

originally it's a sad story, but when we saw that movie.. we cann't help to laugh…..it's strange…

I suggest you to see another movie called CRAZY STONE (疯狂的石头)it's a very funny one…

05:41 AM Mar 13 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

yeah

that's really a insteresting film…  lol

03:05 AM Mar 15 2008 |