Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

FREEDOM FOR TIBET

lobsang_tarpoche

Singapore

I WANNA A FREE TIBET. WE WANNA BE INDEPENDENT FROM CHINA

05:47 PM Mar 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ono

Ono

Hungary

well, the Us, and Uk and almost all the western gouvernements are deaf, cuz they just wanna do commerce with China. it's very sad. Another approbation that money is today's God. It dictate and control everything. Nations became victimes and games in it's hands.
What would happen? How can we change this world?

11:24 PM Mar 20 2008 |

Anning

China

Anybody who really cares about the Tibet issue, PLEASE read this

http://www.michaelparenti.org/Tibet.html

Do you guys really know what kind of person dalai lama is?

He is the religion leader, yes, so he was the dominator of Tibet, like the the Supreme Pontiff of Middle Age Europe.

CCP did harm the prerogative of the nobles and lamas, that's why the so-called uprising occured in 1950s. NO common Tibetan took part in that uprising.

By the way, that uprising was supported and financed by CIA, as they always does.

"The Dalai Lama's annual payment from the CIA was $186,000."

05:18 AM Mar 21 2008 |

Anning

China

Ono and MarkChina,

truely, we are blinded by our government, we cannot change this now. But we are aware of that. So we can try our best to know more.

For you, you are either brainwashed by the media or echo the propagands, and you have no idea about this.

As two Chinese sayings tell "echo what other says" and "public clamour can confound right and wrong"

(人云亦云 ren yun yi yun, 众口烁金 zhong kou shuo jin)

Don't just accuse our government.

No government is innocent, not ours, not yours.

05:39 AM Mar 21 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

I don't think that the Dalai Lama would be a good leader of Tibet, and yet I wonder how much of the current troubles are due to his influence? He seems to be quite comfortable being a celebrity in the West. He even threatned to step down from his religious office if the rioters did not stop their violence.

05:50 AM Mar 21 2008 |

Anning

China

MarkChina,

Honestly, I haven't talked to Tibentan before. So although I'm not persuaded by you, I appreciate your work. It makes me feel much better since I have heard enough hollow shoutings these days.

This kind of arguement will never come to agreement since we don't stand on the same side. But still, one point is in common: Tibetans should have their own mind, not be lashed by either. This is, in Chinese phrase, "seek common points while reserving difference". (求同存异 qiu tong cun yi)

And,

thanks for not touching the Olympics.

10:50 AM Mar 21 2008 |

Anning

China

German media

01:59 AM Mar 22 2008 |

Anning

China

Believe it or not. I just want to share some pics.

Maybe this can be called the evidence of brainwashing.BBC

02:04 AM Mar 22 2008 |

Anning

China

It seems German media really care about Tibet issue but have no idea about where it is.

German

02:09 AM Mar 22 2008 |

Paul Inzaghi

China

Tibet is part of China,now and forever. Maybe some foreigners are misunderstanding the position of China 'cause of  your misled concepts and attitudes towards China and China government.

If you spent some time learning the news of the incident and the whole history of  Tibet.Maybe you won't think it that way anymore.

If in your country, in your street,in your home,a group of bandits want to destroy  your property,set fire on your house, kill your families,what will you do?

highlight their revolutionary courage and belief for freedom?

What we did, what we should do,what we would still do  is to protect

our people from brutish  riots.

That is what I mean to say,not because I am a member of CPC,but because I am Chinese.

02:56 AM Mar 22 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

endless…

10:55 AM Mar 22 2008 |