Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you like van gogh?

starriness

starriness

China

do you like van gogh? I'm looking for you!

Maybe you are crazy about his sunflower just like me do.

05:13 PM May 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Did you know Van Gogh was fluent in English? He even wrote sermons in English, and titled some of his work in English.

07:45 PM May 13 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

he was impressionist painter but "expressionist" person in his  whole life. may be I like him of course of his creation but dislike remembering his suicidal action that terminated his life. I don't know why, too bad did that since he was very young (may be about 35..?), and very famous at this time. so sorry about that, since I remember his greatest: "Bell Lilies". 

02:18 AM May 14 2008 |

starriness

starriness

China

I agree that  the modern stuff is also cool.I appreciate its lively style of expression.but when it turns to the classic art,van gohn make a heartquack via his enthusiasm on me.Maybe van gohn's work cannot be classified in classic art.Because no one can exceed his inspiration of using the massive colors which behaves the strong emotiom.

Van gohn's english writing  deserves admire assuredly.I read hundreds of his letters to his brother who is his one and only bosom friend all his born life.

I cannot accept his cutting his ear,too.His ultra action makes the world feeling great sorry.maybe there's just a distance of one step between genius and madman.just like Joepuding described,that's what makes him van gohn.

05:05 PM May 14 2008 |

adrianasparvolli

Brazil

I like.

Some years ago I went to a museum and saw his work in my front.

It was amazing! 

11:11 PM May 14 2008 |

starriness

starriness

China

Van gohn's works always have the magic power of amazing you unconsciously.One of the representative example is the work of the 'starry night'.

I watched the video.That's realy a beautful song.

Great van gohn!

09:19 AM May 15 2008 |