Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Spainish Weddings

Ysabel

Spain

In Spain, the majority of the people get married at 30 or more age, because they are studiying or are looking for their first job.
There are a lot of Civil Weddings, but the majority go to the Church.

08:51 PM Oct 03 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

myramayee

China

J-Lo got married.She is latino.I love latin style!
I wonder if there is any mistake in my words.What’s the difference between “latino” and “latina”?

01:52 AM Oct 05 2001 |

thewackyguy

Brazil

Hi

In Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Franch and other langauges that come from the Latin language, there are masculine words and feminine words… It’s difficult for an American for example to understand why “chair” would be feminine for example and “car” masculine… so according to the “gender” of the word, the article “the” is either femine or masculine.. “la casa” or “lo avion” in spanish (the house, the plane) or “a casa” or “o aviao” in portuguese for example…

When referring to Latin people however, we can use both “Latino” (masculine) or Latina (feminine) depending on the person’s gender…

So in this case, J Lo is a Latina, Ricky Martin is be a Latino :-)

07:15 PM Oct 05 2001 |

myramayee

China

So it’s really difficult for me!Masculin and Feminin!Trust me that’s much more difficult than a chinese puzzle!

In China,women do not change their name after married.

01:57 AM Oct 06 2001 |

myramayee

China

A child usually gets his surname from his father,but sometimes from the mother,that depends on parents themselves.

01:03 PM Oct 09 2001 |