Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

an terrible accident happend to me yesterday

eric1985

eric1985

China

An terrible accident happend to me yesterday. It is my first experience in my life. Luckly, my eyes didn't hunt ,there is only a wound around my left eye.

From now on I know how life frailty it is!

Let 's enjoy our life!

08:17 AM May 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

What happened to you that changes your point of view about life??

04:21 PM May 17 2008 |

eric1985

eric1985

China

Yes, it changes a lot about my view about the world.You know, there was an earthquake happened in china, many people died in the earthquake.

Now I think life is the most important. Money, carrer is just parts of my life.

Also I think I need a girlfriend. when something happen to me ,I need someone to help me. And I feel very lonely these days.

02:12 AM May 18 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Yeah, sometimes people will realize how important life is after they got ‘trial and accident’! They realized just now that there is ‘a super power’ outside human power and basically human is nothing in front of his power! So, if we, human, are still arrogant, really so stupid!

05:25 AM May 18 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Last, U must say thankfull ‘coz u still alive, safe and sound till now…

05:26 AM May 18 2008 |

eric1985

eric1985

China

Thank you for your words pop272001.

yes, I should say thank you to God.

11:26 AM May 18 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

I think it’s awful that we only start valuing the true treasures of life after something bad has happened to us! but this is it!

02:02 PM May 18 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

yes , this is it  ,  lin etual .  

infortunately , few how learn from other experiance  ,  they should face such hard time to appreciate what he have of gifts . to appeciate his life  .  

and also in such hard time , when there are nopeople and nothing to help ,  the arrogant person who says god is not existed , it is an legend is trusted by weak people . he will say ( please god help me ) 

this is what god said in Quran :

(22)  when ye are in the ships and they sail with them with a fair breeze and they are glad therein, a storm-wind reacheth them and the wave cometh unto them from every side and they deem that they are overwhelmed therein; (then) they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only: If Thou deliver us from this, we truly will be of the thankful.

(23) But when He delivereth them, behold! they transgress insolently through the earth in defiance of right! O mankind! your insolence is against your own souls, an enjoyment of the life of the Present: in the end, to Us is your return, and We shall show you the truth of all that ye did.

09:13 PM May 18 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I would feel as sad as you if I were trough that natural disaster and saw all the damages. But this natural event was out of your control, so you can´t do nothing to stop it.

You need to be stronger to support the people or your family around you.

And like a note, if you really want a girlfriend, get her only because you are in love, not because you feel lonely, this is not a good reason to date with somebody, don´t you think?

I know you can fight the sadness, you need to have faith.

10:24 PM May 19 2008 |

eric1985

eric1985

China

Thank you, sawdestination. A beautiful girl helped me a lot when the accident happend. We have known each other for a year. I love her. How can I do to tell her my love? Give me your advice, thank you.

10:44 AM May 20 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

For a year??? I think that´s enough time without tell her your feelings man!!!

If you are reallyyyy sure about it, I would recommend you choose a neutral place to tell her without interruptions (not your house neither hers). Why don´t you invite her to go out?? Any place she likes her to go?

Don´t be afraid! Many people don´t say nothing because they´re afraid of a "No" like an answer, but I think is always better tell the truth and not stay quiet without know if the person you love would feel the same.

02:34 PM May 20 2008 |