Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Obama wins..

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Are you happy with victory of Obama ?

05:07 PM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i won't be happy until i see a real change in foreign policy.

07:32 PM Jun 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Oops double posting.sorry..
Hillary 2012

07:37 PM Jun 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

For me obama looks kinda mysterious.I don’t know maybe it’s just because I’m a hillary’s big fan.lol
I absolutely can’t believe my eyes that he’s being cheered by his supporters for that win.I hope that americans knew what they’re doing.
Hillary 2012

07:38 PM Jun 05 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

some tries to show all muslims as terrorists because of some extremist group but the same some is always in silent about their terrorist government.

it is unbeliavable. 

07:42 PM Jun 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Maybe the best thing obama have ever been done is disowning his church and rev.wright..yeah that’d contribute much to help white voters to vote for him..
Hillary 2012

09:27 PM Jun 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Yeah obama and hillary would be an ideal partner to run the gov..can’t wait to see it gonna happen..
Hillary 2012

09:32 PM Jun 05 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

People are not going to be inclined to vote for McCain.

I can't imagine a Hillary Clinton supporter voting for McCain just because they don't like Obama.

It will be an interesting election. I plan on watching it from not inside the United States. 

09:47 PM Jun 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Al, if Hillary is not the VP candidate and they are at all inclined to think like her, they just might vote for McCain, or more likely not vote at all because it's much more likely in their minds that McCain will not run for a second term, either because of his age or they think he will screw things up. 

I don't think a lot of people will cross over, but it might be enough to have an impact in some states.

What do you think of the possibility of her running an independent campaign? 

Mike – I agree it was smart for Obama to leave his church, but if he really felt that they didn't represent his views he would have done it years ago. This is a very obvious political move, but one he had to make. I only hope most people will see how transparent it is.

10:04 PM Jun 05 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I can’t agree more greg.just like another hillary’s fans I still have a doubt about that.let’s see how it’s going to be..I’ve just known that there’s a possibility to have an independent candidate in american election..but I’ve read elsewhere that hillary had backed off and ready to support obama’s presidency..

10:31 PM Jun 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think that she will publicly support Obama, but will do little to actually help him win. I think she might be secretly hoping for a McCain win. Then she can say "I told you so" and step in as the savior of the party. 

She is not interested in party unity, in the good of the country or her state. She is only interested in obtaining power for herself. But then, so are most politicians.  

10:38 PM Jun 05 2008 |