Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Me and My Father

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Me and My Father

When Iwas 4 Yrs Old : My father is THE BEST

When I was 6 Yrs Old : My father seems to know everyone

When I was 10 Yrs Old : My father is excellent but he is short temperedً

When I was 12 Yrs Old : My father was nice when I was little

When I was14 Yrs Old : My father started being too sensitive

When I was 16 Yrs Old : My father can ' t keep up with modern time > > >

When I was 18 Yrs Old : My father is getting less tolerant as the days pass by  

When I was 20 Yrs Old : It is too hard to forgive my father, how could my Mum stand him all these years
When I was 25 Yrs Old : My father seems to be objecting to everything I do  

When I was 30 Yrs Old: It ' s very difficult to be in agreement with my father, I wonder if my Grandfather was troubled by my father when he was a youth  

When I was40 Yrs Old: My father brought me up with a lot of discipline, I must do the same 

When I was 45 Yrs Old: I am puzzled, how did my father manage to raise all of us

when I was 50 Yrs Old : It ' s rather difficult to control my kids, how much did my father suffer for the sake of upbringing and protecting us

When I was 55Yrs Old: My father was far looking and had wide plans for us, he was gentle and outstanding.

When I became60 Yrs Old: My father is THE BEST   Note
that it took 56 Yrs to complete the cycle and return to the starting
point 'My father is THE BEST'ا Let ' s be good to
our parents before it ' s too late and pray to Allah that our own
children will treat us even better than the way we treated our parents..

04:14 PM Jun 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

Dear NabilaSh,

I admire the words which admire the feelings of son/daughter,but feel sorry too, because they are not comoing out of your own experience,the real value comes when something happens out of our experince.

Regards

04:32 PM Jun 16 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

i understand you Smile

06:16 PM Jun 16 2008 |

Amr Diab

Amr Diab

Egypt

But it still a good description about relation between family members specially father and sons.

Thank yo Nabila 

06:25 PM Jun 16 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

I read this before but it was a mom instead a dad ^^ thanks for sharing!

06:32 PM Jun 16 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

welcom Amr..:)

jane,thanks.. i think it would be a difference if it is about mom!!

06:37 PM Jun 16 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

it is true desicription 

valuable  for understanding  ,  I will keep it for my sons  , and when they become ateenager and start having  conflicts  with their father or with me  ,  I will tell them read it .

Nabilash  ,   thank you for sharing this , it is very useful .   

09:40 PM Jun 16 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

It means that we don't learn through words but learn through life alone,which we call experience.

everyone starts his life from zero

We should not feel bad of our children because they are not experienced yet.Fathers need to learn much.

If a father doesn't have intelligence to understand his children how can we expect from a child that he would be able to uunderstand his father,if a conflict comes inbetween a father & son it's responsibility of the father to resolve that not of a child.

10:05 PM Jun 16 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

it's nice nabila but we have different experiences with our parents.

when i was 6 : my father seems to know everything.

when i was 10 my father is hard.

when i was 14: my father doesn't understand me.

when i was 16: my father doesn't know much about life.

when i was 20: my father was right.

when i was 25: my father really understands.

when i am 30: my father is a very caring and sensitive person.

dev, words are part of our experience. we learnrom words and behaviours. some words have  great changing power

07:58 PM Jun 17 2008 |

saudigirl

saudigirl

Saudi Arabia

Nice words Nabila..

i see my dad as the best forever..

thanks..

08:59 PM Jun 17 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I’d lost my mum when I’m 9 nine years old. So my father became the mother of us, 5 children as well, alone by himself.
After she died, there’s no more weekend vacations, no more leisure time at the playing groud. He’s busy with his job in order to bring up us and had no time with us.
My big family had encouraged him to get a new wife but he insisted to be alone until all of his children became more mature.
This june 18 my youngest brother’ll turn 20 years old and my father’s still alone and never get married again. Maybe he just had no time for looking after himself and keep focusing on our future.
Despite he’s calm and never talked much to us, his love has shown more than all the words can say. He’s the best person I’ve ever known in my life.

11:02 PM Jun 17 2008 |