Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Physical beauty or inner beauty?

yaris83

yaris83

United Kingdom

Who thinks that outer beauty is most important than the inside or the opposite and why?

Everyone will say that inner beauty is more important, but evidence says the opposite. As you say yourself, people often get hired based (at least partly) on looks. It seems to be human nature and especially modern society that people are drawn to the aesthetically pleasing. It may not be nice to admit, but it's the truth.

05:07 PM Jun 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

I think that when we look at a person we can somehow guess about his inner world. There is something warning in beauty without soul and others feel it. So i don’t think appearances are so deceptive. It is something in features and in eyes that helps recognise kind and responsive people no matter what they look like…

04:49 AM Jun 25 2008 |

oh my goodness

China

In my opinion,people always judge a preson by appearence.But to make friend with a person ,we judge moer about their inner .No matter how to say ,inner beauty is more important than outside beauty.

02:35 AM Dec 19 2010 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

I like what Supertest says. Also, learn to see inner beauty and you won’t be so distracted by outer beauty. And to all I say, here looks have become way too important. It started as a simple outlook summed up by a quote from Cary Grant: “I think a man owes it to me if I have to look at him to comb his hair and be presentable” (total misquote but I left the marks because none of it is original to me). From there we’ve turned our world into an amoral beauty contest. I think chasing phyical beauty in a situation where beauty is irrelevent is just another glue trap from the Enemy. A healthy person would have a balance like Supertest describes I think.

09:34 AM May 31 2012 |

liwenchong

liwenchong

China

Although we chinese think highly of inner beauty personly speaking ,when I am hunting for a girl friend,outer beauty might be the first factor.Will you feel tired when you face the one is not beatiful and turn to another one.

10:08 AM Dec 18 2012 |

xiaoen613

China

I think inner beauty is more important. Everyone will become old one day, so exteral beauty can not last forever. 

03:14 AM May 09 2013 |

meduklas

British Indian Ocean Territory

all must

be a perfect combination…there is no ugly human in the world ,look beautiful and see great beauty…its in everywhere…just look,even a tree or acat or a child… dont miss anything,just notice…

09:08 AM May 11 2013 |

meduklas

nobody is ugly just look and think beautiful…inner beuty and other must be perfect combination…

09:12 AM May 11 2013 |

meduklas

perfect combination

09:18 AM May 11 2013 |

ddenniz

ddenniz

Turkey

actually just for being friend, physical beauty is not necessary but for relationships it can be more important just at the beginning. I mean If you are not impressive by someone else, probably you do not give a chance him/her. but I think after this step, personality is much more important.:)

11:16 PM Aug 11 2013 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

Physical beauty is given by God.

So, if he/she has good out look it’s a blessed. BUT if he/she has not so good out look it’s also not really matter. Because God is The Most Wise. He gives people with strength and weakness. That’s why we say nobody is perfect!

Moreover, in front of our God we are good or not is not based on our physical beauty, but on how their obedience to Him, how their faith, how is their deeds. Therefore, whoever people whether they have good or not physical beauty, they have the same right and have to struggle in order to achieve high level in front of God.

In conclusion, people who see that matter based on God point of view, they will say that inner beauty is more important.

Physical beauty is got for granted, with less effort even without effort , while Inner beauty is got by effort.

That is why I’ll give more appreciation to people who have inner beauty.

Besides that, Inner beauty will last longer than physical beauty. When we are getting old, we can’t keep our physical beauty stay the same. BUT we will always can strengthen our inner beauty to get better n better…

10:38 AM Sep 01 2013 |