Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

13 !

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

Turkey

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND, WHY SOME PEOPLE HATE THAT NUMBER? WHEN I WATCH AN AMERICAN FILM, I ALWAYS SEE ITIF YOU CANNOT SEE IT (13), YOU WILL SEE A NUMBER IF THAT FILM HAS GOT A SPECIAL NUMBER.. ADDITION IT'S NUMBERS. I WATCHED A MOVİE YESTERDAY.. IT HAS GOT A NUMBER 1408.. IF I ADDITION IT, IT BE 13.. 1+4+0+8=13 AHH.. :)  FRIENDS, I WANNA REALLY KNOW.. WHAT IS THIS 13? WHY SOME PEOPLE HATE ITSOME YEARS AGO, I THINKED IT SO MUCH AND I FOUND A THING.. LISTEN PLS, [i'm not paranoiac, but i cannot find else way!] YOU KNOW 571, THAT DATE WAS BORN OF PROPHET MOHAMMED.. AND IF I ADDITION THIS NUMBEEERRR… 5+7+1=13  SEE?  OR, YOU KNOW 1453.. FATIH SULTAN MEHMED WON THE ISTANBUL AT THAT DATE.. AND IF WE ADDITION IT'S NUMBEERRR.. 1+4+5+3=13…:) IS IT REALLY MY PARANOIA? OR DO YOU KNOW ELSE WAY?  

HUMM.. IT MUST HAS GOT A ANTIPATIC THING..:) WHAT IS IT?

10:02 PM Jul 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

U know Yak, I work in 13th floor!! Laughing. am I scare of it? NO!! in my building, we are scare to 12th floor..I don't know why…(some people told me that there was ghost in 12th floor, I'm not sure it's that right or wrong!) but nobody wanted working in that floor.But, 4 months a go..one of our head office decided that that floor must be functional ..so then we use it for meeting, events, etc..

About Number 13 is nightmare, I think it's just western opinion..or it's only "believe"..from some people..(my friend ever told me why people (specially western) called it "unlucky number'..it's related to their history..I can't tell u here!! since I think it will be polemik..Wink

02:39 AM Jul 08 2008 |

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

Turkey

thank you for your comment my friend.. ahh okay, don't tell coz not need.. i see:) thank you so much!

have a nice day!

05:45 AM Jul 08 2008 |

tinhappy

tinhappy

China

in some part of china ,14 is considered the unlucky number,,in some builing ,,there are 12th floor,13th and 15th ,but no 14th,4 sounds like "dead"in cantonese,so many peoele won't  choose anything to do with number 4.

07:58 AM Jul 08 2008 |

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

Turkey

humm.. i see.. people afraid of numbers…

08:02 AM Jul 08 2008 |

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

Turkey

ahh c'monn dom a…:) friday is best they for us.. and 13 is,too:)

01:02 PM Jul 08 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

it's just only a superstition

07:23 PM Jul 08 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I don´t believe in this superstition, but there are buildings that doesn´t have a 13th floor.

Some people refer the tuesday 13th as the bad luck day, and anothers the friday 13th.

03:39 PM Jul 09 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

It is a unlucky number for Christians..

But also some of muslim ppl think that so!

I read somewhere that: When prophet JESUS ate his last dinner, There were 12 disciples there..  Prophet Jesus was 13.person…So Christian ppl think that If you eat ur dinner with 13 ppl, It gives u unlucky..

:D Haha But i don't know comletely…Becasue ı am not a Chrgistian..Maybe ı am wronge.. :d So ask Christians :D:D

__

And another cause for Muslim ppl… I will send it in Turkish..OK?

Hz.Adem Cuma günü yaratıldı, Cuma günü yasak meyvayı yedi, Hz Nuh zamanında büyük sel  ve tufan Cuma günü oldu….. Ve bu cuma günu Dolunayın 13. defa gözüktüğü gündü! Ole işte :D

Ne bilim..Emin dielim ama

04:19 PM Jul 09 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Hey Also Holy Prophet Mohammed's birth year is 571..

5+7+1 = 13 :D

How is my Math? :D:D

So i love 13 :D

04:24 PM Jul 09 2008 |