Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why I am a Hindu?

javamanju

javamanju

India

Why I am a hindu…. An Intresting artical The person who wrote it is a well known journalist. Click on the link

http://www.udaypai.in/?cat=34

I am a Hindu  because it professes Non-violence – “Ahimsa Paramo Dharma” – Non violence is the highest duty. I am a Hindu because it doesn’t conditions my mind with any faith system. I am a hindu because I respect and take ideas from books like quran,bible etc. 

05:44 AM Jul 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Osesame,
I didn’t know which part of my words that disrespect you. I was just asking an explanation about a statement in quran. Is that also considered discrediting anybody?

12:14 PM Jul 31 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Osesame,
I didn’t know which part of my words that disrespect you. I was just asking an explanation about a statement in quran. Is that also considered discrediting anybody?

12:19 PM Jul 31 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"Ok then Mr. Brainy or osesame".
Mike,
the letter is known from its adress as the Egyption proverb says…beside we ve a previous experience with each other or u ve forgetten?!!!!!...
i don't want to repeat it and change words i don't like it….
salam

12:34 PM Jul 31 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Why you should angry with it? You’re the one who often saying smthing like “use your brain. Osesame always use his brain for any condition”. Isn’t that right? I think you’re wonderful with your brain phylosophy. So why you have to take a grudge with smthing you deserved to have?

12:56 PM Jul 31 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

mike,it's good to think about logic concerning religions and i think may be  you think transfering the quran to mohamed via jibril is not logical but it's not illogical too.it's a way of giving the revelation,that's all.and god chose it because he knows better which way is the best.mohamed is human and he needs to be sure that the revelation is an outside phenomena.it's not his allucination.gibrl said'read! and the prophet answered'i can't read' he talked from his human abilities while  jibril was giving god's words.'read!in the name of god who created.who created human from a clot(a clot in arabic is something that  attach)....

i think if we have religion by birth ,it's not really our religion until we choose it after serching that's why the first word the prophet got was 'read' ( in arabic it has a larger meaning:proclaim,study..)

i i believe we have to learn from hinduism the peaceful way of living we can learn how to respect all thoughts even we follow a special religion.religion has never been against frredom of thought it's just our mind that doesn't let new things to get it.we are our own jail and none of us has the absolute truth. 

01:20 PM Jul 31 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

still not getting what i mean or waffling….
i can reply u easily as i do with every one here but as the proverb say" for every evil under the sun there's a remedy or there's none . if there's one try to find it , if there's none , never mind it"...
so, i ve no wish to repeat words..either u accept or not…
u can go to any islamic site and ask or search if u r serious to know..
by the way, u remind me by a slang Egyption proverb among youth say" know ur friend and mark upon him"..Wink

01:31 PM Jul 31 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I advice you the same thing , go through the websites of other religion. why don’t you do that? don’t be a frog in a well, the world is big , explore it

02:51 PM Jul 31 2008 |

everything_gone

Australia

u are sick and fanatic thats why u are hindu…

03:06 PM Jul 31 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Lili, Thanks for your explanation. And what I want to show to osesame is there are logical and illogical things in religion. Smtimes we need our brain to think about it but smtimes not. I think it’s a matter of belief and faith.

03:52 PM Jul 31 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

everything_gone- i am a fanatic? and what are others? angels of mercy and tolerence.
Do you even know what is hinduism ? first read in the link

04:01 PM Jul 31 2008 |