Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is ur feeling when....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

what is ur feeling when u see some one stareing at ur wife, sister, ...when u r walking?

06:16 AM Aug 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Joe,

"If that one bothers, I'm there tho"
sorry i can't get the meaning ..can u explain in other words
by the way, i'm asking about ur feeling not her….
thanks

11:22 AM Aug 09 2008 |

mouna

mouna

Tunisia

I am not a boy, but it happens to me when I walk with my sister or girl friend, I just don't like it, I for example stare at that person , girl or boy, so they stop looking !
My brothers do the same too when am with them !
But I had a boyfriend , who, when we were walking together, used to stare at others and maybe wished to kill them at that time , he used to blame me for that saying if women were kept at home, nothing bad would happen !
What I think is that it's all stupid, because everywoman, either dirty or clean, beautiful or ugly, well-dressed or a mess, fat or slim, veiled or unveiled…whatever way she looks, she will attract people because simply she's a woman !
In Tunisia, we say "kol shay a7bas , gher el nadhar ya nas"  :-)  means, we can keep and control everything except our eyes and looks..For instance, even when we pray we may steal a look here or there , which we know it's not good..But what can we do ??!!

10:51 AM Aug 10 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Mouna,
i think the answer in the next verse and i think u know it:-

"O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (59)" (el ahzab).
waiting ur reply
salam

11:23 AM Aug 10 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

hi everybody,

i'm a girl and if someone stars at me i don't react, i just keep walking and ignoring him.

but the most bothering thing is when this happens and i'm with my fiance or brother.. it happened that my cousin beat a boy for that.

in algeria,not only brothers feel mad about boys starring at their daughters baut also cousins, friends and even neighbours. and this makes the girl feel at ease cauz she knows sh's protected.  

11:49 AM Aug 10 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks girls for posts but where the boys of west?!!!!!!!....

12:18 PM Aug 10 2008 |

mouna

mouna

Tunisia

Sure I know it ! But it doesn't change the truth , a woman is a woman, she's always attractive through something ! Especially nowadays that women are everywhere outside the house ! And I think, the veiled woman seems more attractive to men, because most people say there are hidden things about her that deserve to be met and discovered ! So, they tend to look at her, try to find a way how to intrigue her !

As for "west boys" , I don't think it's totally the same situation, at least even if it exists, it won't be to the same extent as in our islamic communities !

Thanks for such a nice topic !

Salam

03:31 PM Aug 10 2008 |

marythankss

Italy

i'm a west girl. And for us it is different, i don't think there is something bad when boys look girls. I think that you can't prevent them to look, we live in a free world and if they look at me i don't care and passes by; yes, my boyfriend does't like this, but he had never thought to close me at home, why i have to limit my freedom for the looks of other people? The appereance isn't important the only importants things are our actions, our emotions and our soul, till noboby hurts me with his action i don't care him, the same thing do my boyfriend and my brothers.

04:08 PM Aug 10 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Mouna,

Attraction between male & female is existential & tyhe whole efforts of the whole society failed badly.

& further there is no existential reason to keep them apart, actually humanity like to be sad & sufferer so they choose to keep both sexs apart,

but the existence is very strong & does not follow the rules & regulations made by the humanity.

We should use this attraction in some creative way,I feel that man's eye  can move away from the body of woman to some beyond only by sharing of both sexs. & human can become more human.

Thanks 

02:05 AM Aug 19 2008 |

Aoyuhai

Aoyuhai

China

i am a boy, and that thing happened to my girl friend when we were shopping or walked outside.

i would look at the one who staring at my gf for seconds, usually, they would move their eyes from my gf and go away. Of course, some one will staring at you for long ime, then i will get my gf away or shout to them. 

But i don't think i will fight with them who just staring at my gf when we are ourside. you know, we can not control others eyes. what we can do is warning and go away. If that doesn't work, go to fight for your girl.

Oh, right, there is still a smart way call police. lol!

02:30 AM Aug 19 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

what is ur feeling when u see some one stareing at ur husband,brother ...when u r walking??

Hide them also in cloak?? why not men and women will wear cloaks , so that we can live in a cloaked world. no one sees other…................. Great. 

GET REAL DUDECool

It is for man or women to take care of the situation.There is a difference between staring/looking and eve teasing. if a girls rises a alarm over eve teasing in india, the boy would probably be beaten up and then even put jail.  A "Crazy" man would do anthing, weather the women wears a bhurka or not is immaterial.

03:16 AM Aug 19 2008 |