Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

I need your help friends!

Tanis

United States

Hey friends!

I am working on new “Real Life” lessons… what topics would you like to hear??? I know someone asked for a lesson about the library, so we are working on that this week! Can anyone think of any other lessons they would like?

Tanis :-)

11:10 PM Nov 15 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sallyzou

United States

Yeah,there are so many!!!
A few days ago, my car just broke down, so could u plz give us a lesson about fixing car and some useful words about vehicle, so we can deal with the
problems and communicate with the mechanic.

And another one is about the table manners.

06:38 AM Nov 16 2001 |

Tanis

United States

Thank you so much!!! I have added both of these ideas to my lists, and we will be doing them both in the near future! Next week we are doing a lesson on getting a haircut, then we are going to do a library lesson, THEN we will get to Table Manners! Thanks again, your ideas are WONDERFUL!

:-)

Tanis

09:40 PM Nov 16 2001 |

CoCo-love-jay

United States

What about adding a lesson about interviewing? i want to learn some useful interview skills when applying jobs and universities.
Also i think that’s quite interesting about stage performance, like singing or acting. Perhaps lessons can be made for these.

02:04 PM Jan 31 2002 |

diniaalfaro

Norway

I will like to have a lesson about makeup, how to buy it? how to ask about the ones that are better for you, etc.
Thanks

02:44 PM Mar 11 2002 |

Joeyshin

Joeyshin

United States

how abou the conversation at fast food restaurant? I still vividly remember my being so confused by the question “for here or to go” - I thought the cashier asked me to leave - to go, you know. :D

04:38 AM Mar 19 2002 |

renchuyu

United States

how about the english used in the bar? I went to bar once last weekend, don’t know what to order, don’t how to talk with people, terrible.

06:10 PM Mar 31 2002 |

Tanis

United States

How to talk at the bar is a great idea! I will do that lesson soon! Also, I like the other new ideas on the board, like how to bargin (haggle over a price) and what to say at the fast food restaurant! Thanks for all of your help friends!!!

Tanis

11:10 PM Apr 02 2002 |

sallyzou

United States

Hi,tanis,now I have a job in a law firm, and I need to deal with the phones everyday, so can you teach us some telephone conversations, thanks!

03:51 AM Apr 17 2002 |

China

I don’t know how to express my feelings in front of strange men.Such as the first party be invitied ,entring a new college want to communicate with new friends .

10:56 AM Jun 06 2002 |

delicious

Mexico

Hi. everybody.

I am a little big nervous because I´ve tried to look for internet pages to practice toelf test and I have not found them yet and I am still looking for them. and if it is possible, I am also trying to ask if wouldn’t be possible to create a chat for talking because I also think that is a good way to get fluency.

best regards from Richard Aquino

04:13 PM Jun 26 2002 |