Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

英文論壇

使用我們的英文論壇來學英文。 留言板是提出英文問題與尋求英文解答的理想場所。 每位會員的發言越多,所有會員便有了更多的機會可以練習英文!

:  

談論生活!

English skills

mubrik

Oman

Hi guys

What do think  the most important skill in English?
I think it's listening, do you agree with me?

Let us share your thoughtsSmile

04:53 AM Aug 21 2008 |

Go to the TOEFL® page >

pigfate

pigfate

China

oral English skill is also very important. u can hear what others say,but they cannot understand what u say, it is uesless,right?

05:06 AM Aug 21 2008 |

mubrik

Oman

You're right,  may be the English language contains letters that don't exist in your language.
Am I right?

06:58 AM Aug 21 2008 |

pigfate

pigfate

China

yeah,so both the speaking and listening skill are important for a English learner.

09:32 AM Aug 21 2008 |

mouna

mouna

Tunisia

We can never separate between the four skills of English , there should be an integrity of skills so we assure a better learning of any language , not only English ..

The reason is that every language is a means of communication, a system in itself so the skills and strategies should interrelate ..

Reading and listening are the receptive skills, while speaking and writing are the productive ones .. so , the purpose is to assess and evaluate outcomes and productions resulting from both types of skills ..

For example, if you listen or read a text, you can't stop there .. you will speak or write about what you've listened to or read , try to express and communicate to others your ideas, your thoughts, your feelings !

Maybe, you like a skill because you're good at or find easier to deal with, but you can and should never ignore other skills ..

10:41 AM Aug 21 2008 |