Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what will you do when you feel depressed?????

novel pig

novel pig

China

Life is bittersweet!!! We enjoy our wonderful life, at the same time, we cann't avoid encountering the obstacles in the way of our life journey.

So, what will you do to cheer up yourself when you're depressed???

For me, i used to meet my friends and spit out all my upset feelings to them, or go to the amusement and play all the exciting games there, then, i would feel much better and keep moving on.

What about you????

03:17 AM Sep 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

iuhil

iuhil

China

when i felt depressed , i would find a stranger online talking about all my troubles or play games online. when i was delighted, i would do the same way. it seems i have become a net owl.

04:15 AM Sep 04 2008 |

Nadia_He

Nadia_He

China

When I was depressed, I usually buy lot of fruit to eat, and then sleep ,when I  awake ,I wiil feel much better and start new life again

05:53 AM Sep 04 2008 |

w~q

China

if it happens to me , i will do housework untill i feel ok.

06:06 AM Sep 04 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

i can   make myself  become a  happy  man  , but  sometimes  not ,  i am so sad !how  can i do that ? so have  you have  any  suggesttions ?my friends

02:53 AM Sep 07 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

I go shopping.

(Than my man gets depressed….)

07:31 PM Sep 07 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i have a walk alone or i just do what i have to do.

oonah, good shift!!

08:48 PM Sep 07 2008 |

Aforest

China

life is full of happiness and sadness. So if you experience sadness a few more times, you will get used to it.

03:48 AM Sep 08 2008 |

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

ello, if my life strategy fails and I slide into "trap" I'm also looking for something to do (and I do it hard).

1. eating – is weak
2. talk with friends – is weak
3. work – is good
4. shopping – I have never tryed. should I buy one expensive thing or many cheap? Wink

5. walk alone – is weak. (if I walk alone I start to consider,consider and consider and I become much more depressed than before walk)
6. play games with kids – is very good. (but remember, the "sufficient number" starts above three kids Wink -> because I have only two I invite my neighbor's daughters. And we all together start make "chaos" on the backyard – is really very good.)
7. sport ( running & swimming) – is good.
8. sex – surprisingly (when we consider it as sport) I have found it as very weak remedy. Tongue out

9. free diving – THE BEST!

tom  Wink

06:50 AM Sep 08 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

the best thing I take a looooooong shower ..>> this works so well with me …also I try to do some homework or call afriendsI didn't spoke to them from along time soooo many choices …..

04:28 AM Sep 11 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

4. shopping – I have never tryed. should I buy one expensive thing or many cheap?

After years of intens research on this subject, I find that buying something that you don't really need is the most satisfying and therefor the best anti-depressiva. Like for instance you can buy the same shoes in 3 different colors.
Or for the boys: some sort of gadget that can read the temperature, tells the time in 15 different timezones, contains a swiss army knife, a compass and a laserlight. So, something that will end up on the bottom of the closet but is garantied to make your day.

Cool

01:02 PM Sep 11 2008 |