Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How to live your College life ?

叶丽云

叶丽云

China

Many people told me that college lif e  should be both  great ful  and meaningful   ,now as for me ,I have  few idea  about it because I am a  freshmen ,would you please tell me and give me some advice s .Thank you !

07:52 AM Oct 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

liuyouth11

China

hello  ,my dear  Chinese , i  am a  freshman  in a  college  ,too.at  first  ,how is  your   college life  so  far ?

as  far  as  i  know  , college  life  sometimes  is  meaningful ,but  ,if   you  dont  have  anything to do ,which  means  the  life  is  too  boring to you ! do you agree  with me  ?

would  you like to  be  my friend ?

my  tellphone  nummer  is  15116233609, if  you have  any  question . just  call  me  or  send  messages .ok

?

i  am  waiting  your  reply !

good  for  you ! have  a  nice  day !

10:50 AM Oct 17 2008 |

叶丽云

叶丽云

China

Dear luiyouth11 , thank you so much for your answer , it's very kind of you to help me about  my college life 's question . You said you are a freshman too which may me both suprised and  happy , I think  it must be an insteresting thing to make friend with you ,Tongue out my major  is  International  Economic  Trade ,and I am from GuangDong province ,what about you ?

04:14 AM Oct 18 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

i   come  from  the  city of  luzhou of  sichuan .but  i am  studying in the  city of  liuyang  ,changsha ,hunan . i  major in  BE,  i  'd  like  to  be  your  friend. call  me  at  15116233609.ok ?

good  luck !

02:10 PM Oct 18 2008 |

Judy_Tsai

Judy_Tsai

Taiwan

most people think that when you are a college student,you can live the life you want.it’s true and  most people like to sing at the evening or do something activity at the night.

i think it’s a pity to build your college life.my viewpoint is that when i get college i can learn everything i want cause when i senior heigh everybooks i read only for the exam 

now i get free it’s the time to search myself 

good luck to you ^^ i’m the freshman also 

04:31 PM Apr 23 2013 |

myopinion

Turkey

hello there

that ıs my second year ın college. ı will explain it as i can. I always say that . I don’t have time! NO time for anything.I am studying mechanical engineering it is really hard and taking german language lessons. I have class nearly every day. In the same time I try to read book. one week,one book and ı try to improve myself. Doing some political staffs,helping organizations for poor people and  and children. I try to learn more things  about my mayor. It is not easy to reach everything. I am living with five guy in same home. that means a lot of fun and no sleep:) now the time is 1 am in the morning and i think we are not giong to sleep for a few hours:) By the way ı have exam tomorrow and for all week but ı cant study,ı dont want! ı am bored! sick of studying! we are chatting with my friends hanging on english baby,surfing on the internet:) college is much more diffucult than high school but much more  funny and much more responsibilities. you are building your own life, career and status on society.I try to make my best for myself, for my future and i hope i am a kind of successful about that:) and ı hope you are all will be successfull.

best regards

10:19 PM Apr 23 2013 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

It’s been a long time for me but that lets me look back at my time in college with hindsight. I wish I had gotten more involved in the school. I studied alot but when I wasn’t studying I left campus. I wish I had attended more sporting events, maybe joined a club that reflected my hobbies, met more people, maybe even tried out for something.

It’s been 28 years and I still have friends from college but we have little connection to our school. I think I should have tried to see more things when school wasn’t in session too. Go visit a friends town and ask them to visit yours. I didn’t do that nearly as much as I could have. You live in a giant country, imagine the variety of life right at your door. And by visiting friends, even if there are four or five of you, you all get to see ways and customs you might never get to see again so casually. No one can be more casual than a college student.   

Sometimes people get to college and go wild. It’s like they want to be like a character in a movie. Too much alcohol, too many wild parties. It never ends well. Moderation is recommended.

Just what I wish I had done. If it sounds like you might be doing what I did, that’s what I think of it now.

11:53 PM Apr 24 2013 |

t3hdaniel

t3hdaniel

Canada

Hi, I’m in my second year of college right now studying accouting. What I can say is: be social and get involved in activities and clubs.
Plan your time well and don’t take on too many things at once. A lot of the time people try to do all of everything (study, hangout, party, work, clubs), and as a result of trying to juggle everything, you become very stressed and nothing is as good as it can be.

07:25 AM Sep 12 2013 |