Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A Short Story

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do

it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because

it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that

Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did

what Anybody could have done
<!- / message -><!- sig ->

08:31 AM Oct 21 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

what a weard story it make me feel dizzy ,

thank you very much for it

08:45 AM Oct 21 2008 |

TAKFARINAS

TAKFARINAS

Tunisia

it is is not the first time that i read this story! i read it in arabic, french and now in english!

i think it is very famous! i think it happens in almost all entreprises

09:02 AM Oct 21 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

everybody bussines is nobody bussines…

09:10 AM Oct 21 2008 |

chakra

chakra

Indonesia

Nobody does anything voluntarily without a motive. Everybody expects somehting in return for what they do.

03:10 PM Oct 21 2008 |

Rotsen

Rotsen

Venezuela

Mmm good… I like it xD

04:38 PM Oct 21 2008 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

it's simply the human story , that happened , happens and will happen for ever , we can't help it

it's still funny to hear "read" though

08:08 PM Oct 21 2008 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

hmmm…...Interesting story. If there's someone really finish the job,  he'll probably become a leader.

Most people need to be told what to do and how, that's why they need a leader. So that everyone knows his duty and the fact of nobody does nothing will be over..

Then what about us?  Set up a goal and devote to it. Don't let anybody else tell us what we should do, coz we've already know…Innocent

01:52 AM Oct 22 2008 |

Elaine Zhao

United States

motive is very important, no matter in working or private life .

03:53 AM Oct 22 2008 |