Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Confusing 24

Jialing

United States

next month, I will turn to 25.
I often curious what most people do and think when they are at their 25.

The Chinese New Year just passed, so for me it’s the begining of the 3rd year after graduating from University. In the past 2 years, I’ve changed a couple of jobs while most of my friends still keep the same job till now.
Though I think why I changed jobs so quickly is because I know what kind of life I like and dislike.
And I just wanna tried to find the real me,
on the other hand,
I have questions to myself,such as
“Maybe I just don’t have much patience?”
“Am I sure who I am?”
“Do I really know what I want ; what I like and dislike?”
Sometimes I had very sure answers but sometimes the confidence just gone.

Look at those “great people” or “famous people”, it seems they all know what they want when they were young. And during whole thier life ,they focued on it and devoted themselves to what they want.
I don’t expect myself to be a great or famous people at all ,but I just wonder why I can’t be like them to have something I could devote to or something I could get crazy for?

Looking at people walk on the streets,everybody looks so busy…but I really don’t know does everybody know where they are going? or just I myself don’t know….

07:55 AM Feb 20 2002 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

podaepo

United States

hi ! maybe we are the same age
ur message is so interesting !
anyone who is 24or 25 will think about it
and me ,too ^^
i know just one thing – our future will be made
by ourselves!!!
believe urself!!!
from korea ,kim

04:56 PM Feb 20 2002 |

Jialing

United States

Hi!Kim,

Thanks for your reply.
Knowing there is at least someone at my age somewhere in the world having the same feeling as mine makes me feel better.
Though I know before I find mysef, I’ll still being confused.And God knows how long it will take to find the real me.But so what! Just do it!

Wish you a beautiful life too!

Jialing from Taiwan

03:33 AM Feb 23 2002 |

sallyzou

United States

hey,ur message is so touching, actually very few of the youth know who they are, or what they should do. We’ve been facing this world filled with confusions just from the day we were born. and the biggest confusion is always ourselves. which people could really say that they really know themselves, even the famous ones. Well, all I can say to u is that, seize everyday, keep trying until the day we really find out what we like, even the day we might barely move, but at least we’ve been trying, right?
At last, to make sure that you’re not alone, I don’t knoq what I wanna do, either. I just can’t make up my mind about my major, from computer science to accouting,to nursing, and to actuary science, god know what I wanna do for the rest of my life.

03:44 AM Feb 24 2002 |