Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

I wanna help in the reconstraction of Gaza and here is my idea.

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Hi friends

While I was listening to a file of music i have on my computer.I found Michael Jackson's song "You are Not Alone" it somehow remineded me of my Sisters and brothers in Gaza.

So I got an idea!!Why didn't I and some of my friends at university organize a fundraising to help.The idea is to sell CDS we make ourselves.

For instance if someone wants a CD of his best singer's album me and my friend will download it and sell it at university.I wouldn't costs too much like 1 or 2 Tunisian Dinars.

I have an American teacher who is my friend and teacher at the sametime, she volentered to help and get the agreement of the university administration.

So until we get it and i hope they wouldn't disagree!!!!I'll prepare some video I make about GAZA like Ricardo's video.And my friends will collect pictures and songs for me.We may also sell The Palestinie scarf we know some people who can give us 20 to 40 for free and collect the money to help us. 

I just wish and hope  this will work cause I really want to help them.It may be a smale amount of money but at least we will help.

So what do you think??Is it a good idea?If ever you have a comment just tell me and I'll take it into consideration.

01:43 PM Jan 27 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Thanks Prince of love that's so nice of you.I hope it will work and it will be good for them.

02:44 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Thanks prince of love.I wish you all the best and if ever i need something i'll ask you..

03:25 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

MATRIX 07 ofcourse we should have the permission of the university administration and we are waiting to get it.But not the government I guess it is enough to have the ok of the head master.

We are not going to sell CDS inside the university.We just need to make a good publicity and put papers in the wall in which we put our announces. And why not make some teacher buy our CDS.

So wish us luck.

06:29 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Good idea but I'm not a good cook besides it takes too much time and I have studies and lots of home work.I'm not living with my familly

But thanks for the idea.

07:00 PM Jan 27 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Well, it really is a noble idea.  I congratulate you, it is refreshing to see someone wanting to help in a peaceful way rather than encouraging more war.  So, Good for you ^

There are two small problems with your idea however - 

The first problem is that if you make the CDs of popular songs, you might have some trouble with the authorities for illegally copying songs.  However, I don't know what Tunisian laws are like, so you should investigate that.  

The second problem is, how will you get the money to a place where it can help?   Palestine receives billions of dollars in aid, but it is very poorly distributed due to corruption and other factors.  You should be careful that the money  that you gather goes to helping the Gazan people rather than going into some corrupt official's Swiss bank account or buying more guns.  

Good luck to you ^

08:52 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Radunagi thanks for the comment.For the first problem i'll investigate it.The second one is quite difficult but I'm a member on the Tunisian RedCrescent so i guess we can fix this thing.

09:08 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

prince of love I'm still waiting for the answer from the administration.If ever we get something new i'll let you know.Thanks for asking .

01:10 PM Jan 29 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think your ideal is illegal

11:27 PM Jan 29 2009 |

TAKFARINAS

TAKFARINAS

Tunisia

gkisseberth, i think u r right. the problem is the illegal copying of songs. But she can remedy that problem by free downloadable songs.

It's usually good to try. Good luck.

04:03 PM Feb 02 2009 |