Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is most important to a woman?

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

I think there are different answers for various aged women.

For a young girl, good-looking and shape are quite important, I have to say this, because it can help her get more opportunities on career or marriage.

To a 30ish lady, good character really helps her popular in the society.  Kind, generous and smart make her still charming even if she's not as good-looking as young one.

As per an old woman, guess what's most important? Money, yes, enough money could make her independant and pride. She doesn't need to suck up to anyone and just do what she wants to do.

What's your point? don't tell me about health , because health is most important for everyone. No health, no life. So you don't need to say it.

02:09 PM Jan 27 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ideniel

Ideniel

Belarus

Sincere and lovely girl it's an ideal for me 

02:57 PM Jan 27 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

cant' agree moreSmile

02:57 PM Jan 27 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

good character is very important. Do you think it can be changed as we grow old? 

02:58 PM Jan 27 2009 |

Ideniel

Ideniel

Belarus

I think so

03:01 PM Jan 27 2009 |

maximum...

maximum...

Russian Federation

Mind and femininity

03:07 PM Jan 27 2009 |

aoyunhui

aoyunhui

China

apperance helps at the first sight,then it's who you are that make sense.

03:31 PM Jan 27 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

i love to make jokes, love to laugh.. love to feel myself on positive wave all the time.. no matter what..

that's why for me it's very important when a man has good sense of humor, and when he is able to make me smile)) 

03:43 PM Jan 27 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Brain and knowledge is what i focus the most on having

04:17 PM Jan 27 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

Just like we listen to a song we meet for the first time. The rhythm is so beautiful but when you try to get to know it better and read the lyrics  , two results may come out:

1. Oh my! I love this song.

2. Oh my, this song, actually is a garbage

04:49 AM Jan 29 2009 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Hey my dear Kai, nice to meet you here.  It seems you have realized your dream for 30-year-old. Good for you.Laughing

Hmm…how to make someone else understand what I want? I suppose the point is I should know what myself really want first…..after all, we can't get everything goes in our way so we have to make our choice and love it. To gain something, we have to give up something else, that depends on our choice.

Am I right, people? God is fair enough. He might give you a pretty face, then you have to bear some shortage in yourself. Maybe you were born in a rich family, but your parents fight all the time. There is no perfection in the whole world. But we are trying to get it, that's nice enough.

03:21 AM Jan 30 2009 |