Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

MICHAEL JACKSON CONVERTS TO ISLAM

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Some news which osesame will be proud of:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11202008/news/nationalnews/michael_jackson_converts_to_islam_139892.htm

MICHAEL JACKSON CONVERTS TO ISLAM CHANGES NAME TO MIKAEEL

By NEIL SYSON, THE SUN

SLIDES = new slideshow(“SLIDES”); SLIDES.timeout = 5000; SLIDES.prefetch = 1; SLIDES.repeat = true; s = new slide(); s.src = ”/seven/11202008/photos/jackson1120.jpg”; s.text = unescape(””); s.link = ”/seven/11202008/photos/jackson1120.jpg”; s.target = ””; s.attr = ””; s.filter = ””; SLIDES.add_slide(s); if (false) SLIDES.shuffle(); <!- var pauseplay pauseplay = ‘paused’; if (document.images) { SLIDES.image = document.images.SLIDESIMG; SLIDES.textid = “SLIDESTEXT”; SLIDES.update(); SLIDES.pause(); } function pauseplayclick(){ if (pauseplay == ‘play’){ pauseplay = ‘paused’; SLIDES.pause(); document.images.pauseplay.src = ’/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_play.gif’; }else{ pauseplay = ‘play’; SLIDES.play(); SLIDES.next(); document.images.pauseplay.src = ’/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_pause.gif’; } } function nextclick(){ pauseplay = ‘paused’; SLIDES.pause(); SLIDES.next(); document.images.pauseplay.src = ’/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_play.gif’; } function previousclick(){ pauseplay = ‘paused’; SLIDES.pause(); SLIDES.previous(); document.images.pauseplay.src = ’/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_play.gif’; } //->

Posted: 8:51 pm
November 20, 2008

SUN EXCLUSIVE: MICHAEL JACKSON has become a Muslim – and changed his name to Mikaeel.

The skint superstar, 50, donned Islamic garb to pledge allegiance to the Koran in a ceremony at a pal's mansion in Los Angeles, The Sun can reveal.

Jacko sat on the floor wearing a tiny hat after an Imam was summoned to officiate – days before the singer is due to appear at London's High Court where he is being sued by an Arab sheik.

A source told last night how Jacko, brought up as a Jehovah's Witness, decided to convert as he used a studio at the home of his chum to record a new album.

The star – whose hits include The Way You Make Me Feel – was spotted looking "a bit down" by a producer and a songwriter who had both embraced Islam.

\

---------------------

P.S: Yes it's nonsense. Just like most of the other 'converts to Islam' posts that are flooding the forum.

11:41 PM Jan 31 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

you know who care about Jackson .

I think u r british & should know Yusuf Islam (Cat stevens) better than me!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i5hNNGuD4lFw4cMDDisgsuSjf9cw

12:05 AM Feb 01 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Hey, at least Michael's music still holds up.  Cat Stevens… bleaugh

01:03 AM Feb 01 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

I think he converted to Islam for belief or he wants to give a hand to muslims instead of good sales record.

05:18 AM Feb 01 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

i am afraid of that man :S ohhh !

i never can stay in same room with him! :S

yeaa ppl say he became muslim.. but i m not sure :))

but if so, Greetings for him..:)

Viva Micheal Jackson..After now i can stay in same room with u :) We can pray together

06:49 AM Feb 01 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Good. I always be glad if anyone converts to islam and Alhamdulelah we used to hear about people who convert to Islam every day but I never heard about a person converts to Jewish religion.

: Yes it's nonsense. Just like most of the other 'converts to Islam' posts that are flooding the forum.

if you consider that nonsense why did you post it?

Maybe you used to post nonsense posts!

08:14 AM Feb 01 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Appear at London's High Court where he is being sued by an Arab sheik

Amazingly, the sheik withdrew the case and opted for a "out of court" settlement.

I find it odd

Jackson. agreed to convert on a cup of tea!! 

02:52 PM Feb 01 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i didn't send any thing about jakson before....

at all events, guidance is not away for any person even u fabs…..

we have heared about a lot of men who hate islam convert to it later and express their fault after….so, it is not a strange to hear after even 50 yrs u and others here become muslims ….Allah only knows….and that matter will not increase or decrease nothing to ISLAM

03:16 PM Feb 01 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I don't hate Islam, I just hate you and your stupid posts about so-called converts.

This is an Englsih-learning site, not a place to boast and advertise your religion.

03:28 PM Feb 01 2009 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Nobody can prevent you to learn new things.

as u said this is English-learning site, & we try to exchange our opinions & ideas without insulting eachother friends.

fab what`s ur problem with osesame posts, he says his ideas as you said, equal. & also this is a free site & u can`t ban s.body to say his ideas.

12:33 AM Feb 02 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Fab 1,you have open a new post..its like to have your house open for a visit..so, be moderate a little, lets us feels like having ourself at home…Foot in mouth

Well michael jackson is actually known Islam from the great great grand fathers of his family and he actually just comeback for something that he believe can offered him more…and its actually up to him to convert to any religion that he wants..the reason why he choose Islam..its just michael who knows..Well, everybody should learn something and then mades a comparism to another…and i am sure michael has come/pass on that situations…

01:28 AM Feb 02 2009 |