Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meeting online friends in real life

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Internet has changed our life, no matter where you are, you can talk to anyone who is using a computer. That's one greatness of this techonology.

OK, back to the topic I am discussing with you.  As a lady, if you are not looking for a relationship, I meant boyfriend or husband, what if you got offers from a few of close online male friends for meeting in real life. Will you say YES or NO? obviously you are aware of the fact that they have some feelings towards you.

What do you think, the Ebaby friends here? Good day.

07:44 AM Feb 16 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

安然无恙

China

Dear,I got you.I think,if you are in the same town,it's very nice.After all,you used"close friends".No matter he or she,you may become best friends in real life."some feeling"?What do you want to mean?If you tell them you don't want a boyfriend clearly,troubles won't find you.

Enjoy life and friends.

12:27 PM Feb 16 2009 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Thanks for your input, and I guess I agree with what Pievinis said. Being cautious is good. If you do really want to meet this guy, better bring a girlfriend with you, and choose a public place. You never know what kind of person he is. Lots of bad things happened actually. Sure I am not saying every one we met online is a bad person or something like that.  Being cautious is never a bad thing.

Have a good day.

02:47 AM Feb 23 2009 |

jafaruabdulrafiq

Ghana

hellow how are you and how is the family i hope by the grace of GOD TOU ARE FINE

06:03 PM Apr 08 2009 |

kaan21

Turkey

LUZMA, YOUR FACE LİKE AN ANGEL..YOU ARE GREATT..PLEASE. İ WANNA MEET WİTH YOU.. HELP ME

10:08 AM Sep 26 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

meeting online isn't an easy thing to do, don't forget there are a lot of scary things in the internet. you can't just meet someone you've been talking to recently in the internet. who knows, maybe the person u talk to isn't really a good person. maybe he's dangerous. 

but you can be very optimistic and meet him/her. 

02:38 AM Sep 27 2009 |

NooN - نـون

Saudi Arabia

Well , not every one 

People in internet meeting often try to be more ideal , but in fact otherwise

12:36 AM Sep 30 2009 |