Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what`s your ideas about Iran?

narges

narges

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi friends!!!!!!

i like to know What`s your ideas about Iran? my homelnd?

i`ll be glad to see ur ideas!!!!

01:03 PM Mar 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aliazer

aliazer

Morocco

well…i ve small info about iran….great civilisation….nice people(i talked to them)...greart ambition(science and technology…(the launch of the last satellite)....even its isolation by the western country and the united states,i believe that it will gain its proper place….bye

01:44 PM Mar 04 2009 |

Amirv

Russian Federation

Hi all. i'm new man on this forum and my english is not good enough. but i'd like to tolk with foreign people.

About Iran: i think it's very bad  situation for Iran. If USA will start to bomb there will be a many victims. It is very bad, couse people of Iran aren't guilty in Americans problems. As u know Russian has a very difficult realationships with USA and most of russians doesnt like Americans goverment. so do i. But i hope that all be ok and war would not come to Iran.  

03:10 PM Mar 04 2009 |

:-(

India

Great country, great people. Last Sunday, I read the translations of Maulana Roomi. I can still remeber one of his poem. But it was a translated version.

I belong to Punjab, India. We owe much to Iran for our cultural and even religious symbols. Sikhism adopted many things from Sufism. Persian education and cultural system influenced our Sufis greatly.

Your country is facing a deep crisis these days. But I think there is end to every night. We admire you greatly!!

05:03 PM Mar 04 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

IRAN!!

Hmm has a good and enjoying history.. I love read history and Persians are a diffirent nation always..

In fact all Mezapotamians are diffirent and deserve be known..

Also Persian language and litarature is so pwoerfull too.. But has hard rules..

So a lot difficult to write and read :D

They were my opinion about history and litareture!

Now in ISLaM..

I really dont like Iran's system as a muslim.. It doesn't spread islam.. > it makes islam worse in ppl's eyes..

PPl think islam is force when they see Iran.. At least if i wasn't a muslim, I would think so..

PPl think that IRan has so powerfull muslims, as their hard rules..  But i dont think so..

I just meet a few IRanian good muslim.  I just seen them in e-baby.. Not in my social life..  

Mostly persian women tourist hate their country's İslamic system.,.. U should see their face when they wear their bikini in beach and dance in pub-clubs..

They wear so strait jeans and most of their hairs are opened..

Dont get me wronge.. I dont judge them.. I just really want to show their country's bad system..

You cant teach ISLAm with close their body and hairs…

Now you will say me > Look urself. Are you a muslim?

Now me answer >

I already dont live in a İSlamic country. I dont support an islamic politic system in my country and in others..

I already dont introduce myself as a perfect muslim..

___

Muslim ppl always lost! and i think we will lose too, if we go on doing same, thinking same…

Show me a powerfull muslim country in the World in politic?

Nothing..

There is no!

Haven't u ever think about it?

I though so much….

and found only reason…

We are soooo closed in ideas.. We dont like changes.. We dont care things important for others..

__-

Also other bad thing about Iran..

It is not a good neighbour for Turkey.. It has nucleers and natural gas,,,,, but dont sell them us enough..

or it is tooooooo expensive.

:)))

_

other bad thing about Iran!        It is not a free country for Kurdish ppl..

Kill a lot Kurdish ppl every year!

__

Hmm about Ahmedi nejat..

I have to confess he is a brave man..

But should be tooooo brave against of USA :D

(( Plss dont use me a word like ''Turkey'' or ''Turkish'' when you want to reply me.. ))

Becoz most of ppl tell about turkey and turkish ppl to me, when i write my ideas about Iran..

or they say < Close ur hairs..

__

Plss dont use OK?

Becoz i am not a Turkish!

05:18 PM Mar 04 2009 |

Mary258

Mary258

Iran has one of the richest cultures of the world! X)

05:00 PM Mar 08 2009 |

Mary258

Mary258

From ancient Iran till now!

05:07 PM Mar 08 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Great country and the only country that left any significant mark on India. 

Beautiful language Urdu uses many Persian words and Persian script is used to write. 

And not to forget the Parsis (Zorastrians)  who have led India to greatness in the form of Tata etc….

Iran had reached greatness under Zoroastrian Kings. 

It also had bad influences like tyrant rulers from Persia(Nizams, Bahumans etc)

Also Hinduism and Zoroastrianism are like cousins. They might have been rivals at some point(with out war).

Novroz, Bhaisaki, Chandramana Yugadi , Gudi Pdava (New Year)  all fall on the same time scale(1st day/week of spring).

I wish I could do more research in similarities between Ancient Iranian and Indian cultures.

Sad to note that there are not many Zoroastrians left in Iran

07:24 PM Mar 08 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

There are a lot Zoroastrianist Kurdish ppl.

I'm a muslim one..

but our orginal religion were Zoroastrian. Even we are muslim, we still have some cultures from Zoroastrianism..

we never leave these cultues even convert Islam or Christian..

I know and like Zoroastrianism so much. It is so valuable for me.

Becoz it was my orginal religion :P

It is so fantastic.. A good culture..and should live..

07:35 PM Mar 08 2009 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Hey it`s a great forum dear Narges ;p

I see that many people like our country, that`s so good.

To dear can i cry:

there r lot of foreign Muslim people who choose Iran for living coz of it`s Islamic systems & me as an Iranian like my country wirth it`s system.

coz Islamic country should base on Islamic rules such as we had it in history. I mean when prophet Muhammad pbuh founded Islamic country base on Islamic rules, I don`t say we r so perfect at it but we should try to reach it.

& about Hijab that`s in our reigious book & also in Holy Quran so we obey the Islamic rules dear friend.

11:57 PM Mar 08 2009 |