Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

German School Killer

nice2cu

nice2cu

India

Hi guys,

What u think about German School Killer

02:30 AM Mar 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Novita

Novita

Germany

I feel very sorry for the dead's family and friends. It is so cruel to loose a loved one at a moment's notice. But I feel very sorry for the killer himself and his familly, too. It is so sad to see that there is someone who is as desperated as him. Someone who had apparently such bad problems with himself and life itsself and whose parents weren't able to help him. There must be found ways to help youths like him together with their families to prevent any alienation and social isolation so that there won't be a situation like the last school shooting in Germany anymore.

07:58 PM Mar 13 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Today there´s nothing to do for those who were killed and nothing to help this student (who was killed by police If I remember well).

In the aftermath, I´m glad authorities are going to take some actions like the age to get a gun (from 18 to 21 years old), security in schools and I hope schools develops a program to help those who need it.

10:22 PM Mar 13 2009 |

SharonChong

Hong Kong

It was a horrible thing.. I feel so sorry for the sufferer family and there friends. I think parent have to get more time catch on to there child, know what they thinking, feeling. It was very important to change there fault thought…

10:51 AM Mar 14 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

don't know what was his emotional blackmail,he killed most girls and female teachers…saw a interview with classmates of the victims…the girl who stands near to a girl he was killing said…he looks feeling less has had a cool poker face….

sometimes i am freezing in our society…to be cool,don't show emotion,control your feelings …that's part of our education system…maybe he and his surrounding controlled to much so he came through something out of control…oh so many young innocent victims!!!

background knowledge:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,613010,00.html

12:34 PM Mar 14 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

oh very bad, what has happened to this world. 

What's wrong with the world mama?
People living like aint got no mamas
I think the whole worlds addicted to the drama
Only attracted to the things that bring you trauma
Overseas yeah we tryin to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin
In the USA the big CIA the Bloodz and the Crips and the KKK
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And if you hatin you're bound to get irate
Yeah madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
You gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love y'all

People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the love2x)

It just ain't the same all ways have changed
New days are strange is the world the insane?
If love and peace so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations dropping bombs
Chemical gases filling lungs of little ones
With ongoing suffering
As the youth die young
So ask yourself is the loving really strong?
So I can ask myself really what is going wrong
With this world that we living in
People keep on giving in
Makin wrong decisions
Only visions of them livin and
Not respecting each other
Deny thy brother
The wars' going on but the reasons' undercover
The truth is kept secret
Swept under the rug
If you never know truth
Then you never know love
Where's the love y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the truth y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the love y'all?

Can practice what you preach
Father father father help us
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the lovex2)

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm getting older y'all people get colder
Most of us only care about money makin
Selfishness got us followin the wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting their young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what the see in the cinema
Whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness and equality
Instead of spreading love, we're spreading anomosity
Lack of understanding, leading us away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling down
It's no wonder why sometimes I'm feeling under
I gotta keep my faith alive, until love is found

Can you practice what you preach
Father Father Father help us
Where is the love?(fade) 

Black eyed peas

06:44 PM Mar 14 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Send some guidance from above…

yes i think this is necessary…look what inteligent brains doing with their inteligence…they create a play like counter strike and the worst, intelligent young people like it to play ….the school killer had this cruel game on his computer….with the barreta pistol from his father he played his last killing game in real…when i see the happy faces in the video below i ask me what is going on in the heads of our society 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah49cbJBuoI

10:29 AM Mar 16 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

i guess this is a way in the right direction, to save our children life…

UNDER VIRTUAL INFLUENCEGerman Retailer Takes Violent Video Games off Shelves

Following a horrific school shooting, German retailer Galeria Kaufhof has decided to pull violent video games from its shelves. A political debate on instituting an outright ban has also erupted.

German retail chain Galeria Kaufhof is pulling violent video games from its shelves. Beginning in April, the company announced this week, games with 18-plus ratings will no longer be sold in its department stores. Kaufhof's decision comes in the wake of a horrific school shooting in the southern German town of Winnenden earlier this month.

Tim K. spent the night before his violent rampage playing the 18-plus video game  Far Cry 2 . ZoomUbisoft/DDP

Tim K. spent the night before his violent rampage playing the 18-plus video game Far Cry 2.

On March 11, 17-year-old Tim Kretschmer shot 12 people to death at the Albertville secondary school - including nine pupils - before killing three more during his escape attempt. Investigators say the teenager was fond of playing "Counter Strike" and had played "Far Cry 2" on the night before his brutal rampage. Both games are considered excessively violent and cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

Although there is a current political discussion taking place in Germany about the merits of a general ban on violent video games, the company this week acted on its own.

"These inhumane things should be taken off the market as fast as possible," the interior minister for the state of Hesse, Volder Bouffier of the conservative Christian Democrats, told the Neuen Osnabrücker Zeitung newspaper. The politician called for a blanket ban on the creation and sales of so-called "killer games" source: Der Spiegel

10:37 AM Mar 24 2009 |

俊夫

俊夫

Japan

Not good… some of the victims very youngFrown I don't know why people still sell guns to youths, or why people even sell guns…

01:34 PM Mar 24 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

俊夫 the father was wapon crazy he collected 17 guns and pistols.and a barreta pistol, the father had unloocked in his sleepingroom.with this pistol his son started the horrific killing tour,at least he shout himself with fathers pistols in the head…

09:50 PM Mar 24 2009 |

俊夫

俊夫

Japan

O_O

I see. >.<

I heard that he (the teenager) was playing an 18+ violent game the night before.  

04:46 PM Mar 25 2009 |