Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

'CIA behind Neda's death'

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

<!- YAELS: start of TD that holds the whole article-body ->

Islamic republic's ambassador to Mexico says American intelligence service may have been behind death of young woman who became symbol of opposition to disputed presidential elections

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 06.28.09, 08:38 / Israel News

WASHINGTONIran is accusing the United States of being behind the killing of Neda Agha-Soltan, the 26-year-old Iranian woman whose fatal videotaped shooting made her a symbol of opposition to the disputed June 12 presidential election results.

Iranian Ambassador to Mexico Mohammad Hassan Ghadiri made this accusation on Saturday night in an interview to the CNN television network. He denied that the young woman was killed by Iranian security forces and suggested that the CIA or another intelligence service may have been responsible. 

Ghadiri said that the bullet found in Neda's head was not of a type used in Iran. "These are the methods that terrorists, the CIA and spy agencies employ," he said. "Naturally, they would like to see blood spilled in these demonstrations, so that they can use it against the Islamic Republic of Iran. This is of the common methods that the CIA employs in various countries."

The Iranian ambassador said there were many elements in the investigation into the young woman's death which pointed to suspicions of American involvement.

"This death of Neda is very suspicious," Ghadiri said. "She was shot from behind. The location was where there was not much demonstration, there was no police presence and the gun that shot and killed her was a smuggled gun. It was not a government-issued gun… In our view, this would be the work of those who wanted to put more fuel to the flame against the government.

"My question is, how is it that this Miss Neda is shot from behind, got shot in front of several cameras, and is shot in an area where no significant demonstration was behind held… Well, if the CIA wants to kill some people and attribute that to the government elements, then choosing women is an appropriate choice, because the death of a woman draws more sympathy," Ghadiri said.

Neda in pictures – and after being shot (L) (Photo: AFP)

The American intelligence service rushed to reject the Iranian accusations. "Any suggestion that the CIA was responsible for the death of this young woman is wrong, absurd and offensive," said CIA spokesman George Little said.

Neda's death, which was documented on video, sparked a row across the world, with global media telling the story of the good-looking young woman who went out to protest and never returned. 

Her friends said that the Iranian security forces had ordered Neda's relatives and acquaintances not to hold a memorial service for her at a mosque and not to talk about her in public. The friends also claimed that Neda was shot by a security officer in plain clothes.

Earlier this week, Iranian security sources said that an unknown person had shot Neda and several other passersby, and not a member of the security forces. 

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3737891,00.html

06:41 AM Jun 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"do want us to worship the Shatan', like part of your people do."

Jews don't worship Satan. Jews were the first people and religion to worship the one Gd, so much that Mohammed came around and copied the Jews that lived in Mecca.

I'll also add that Jews don't strap on bomb belts and kill innocent people in the name of their gd the way you people do. The observer can choose which one is serving 'Satan'.  911, 7/7, Madrid all stand in testimony.

I'm not going to debate what is obvious:

Israel is the only country where every single faith on the planet is represented, and where all have complete freedom of worship. Anyone that has been there knows this.

06:58 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

boynamedsue: (dieses schreibe ich zum zweiten Mal) 

ehrlich gesagt, ich habe wirklich keine Zeit um solche Ausreden zu beantworten. Wenn Sie etwas sagen wollen, dann verwenden Sie bitte auch Beweise und somit werden Sie mir auch beweisen, dass Sie ein redenswerter Person sind. Also machen Sie das zuerst. Solche Vorurteile höre ich oft und es ist nur eine typische Charaktereigenschaft von vielen Deutschen.

07:13 PM Jun 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Könnten wir bitte wieder auf Englisch reden?

07:30 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

das ist gut dann.

07:32 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

why dont you watch the videos? they are not made by muslims. Just watch and see the ones who you support, but of course you wont believe it…

02:38 PM Jun 30 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I have a better reason why people like you want to believe Israel was behind 911:

It whitewashes you people from any responsibilty, that Arab Muslim terrorists had just killed 3000 people and that the US had the right to respond.

It's another example of the classic hatred from Arabs being mixed with current day affairs.

If you wish to talk about people celebrating 911, here is some footage from the Palestinian territories a day after 911:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOJCQr1Now

Is there any suprise why the Americans don't like the Palestinians?

02:52 PM Jun 30 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The Zionist-Conspiracy-O-Matic

Here's an experiment: Pick any event in history and type it into Google. Next, type the word "Zionists" and hit the search button.

Yes, you'll find at lease ten web pages that prove the Zionists are behind everything. Now, I know that we're "responsible" for the War on Terror, War in Iraq, and both World Wars…but I'm always surprised to learn that we're also responsible for the destruction of the Space Shuttle Columbia, Pokemon, and Hurricane Katrina.

I feel sort of sorry for these conspiracy theorists. Their so obsessed with exposing "the truth" that they never take time to enjoy the finer things in life.

So, as a public service, I've created the Official Judeosphere Zionist-Conspiracy-O-Matic™. It's simple, just follow this flow chart and mix-and-match items from actual conspiracy theories. It allows for dozens of variations, and it's an incredible time-saver!

03:00 PM Jun 30 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I dont understand why it is so foreign to you.. do you do any other thing if a muslim dies? They are as stupid as you.. it is so simple. 

03:02 PM Jun 30 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdjZp9jbdbc&feature=related

03:07 PM Jun 30 2009 |

razzaghi

razzaghi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Just we know what's happening in our country.Zionists liars will go ahead to arrive the promised hell.Jews, Christians and other creeds are respected here in my country.No country in the west has experienced the democracy we have in our country. (More than 80 percent voted in our presidential election)Insane governments just tried to make us agonist and tried to embroil our nation but our nation is a nation of history; "a great history", and we are very astute, we know how to cut the hands of imperialists.The media will not work anymore, we have made all nations in the world to wake up, that’s the end of you, Zionist; vicious racists.

Elias

09:14 PM Apr 29 2010 |