Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Muslims To Make Majority of Earth's Population in Near Future

:-(

India

Every fourth human being living on earth is a Muslim, a report from the department of religion of the US-based Pew Research Center said.

There are 1 billion 570 million Muslims living in the world today, the research said. Brian Grim, a senior researcher at the think-tank said that the number was more than he originally expected.

Up to 60 percent of Muslims live in Asia, 20 percent – in the Middle East and North Africa. The report also mentioned that over 300 million Muslims live in the countries where Islam is not the basic religion.

A recent research from the above-mentioned center said that 58 percent of the polled Americans acknowledged that Muslims were subjected to discrimination most. The poll was held in September, on the threshold of the 9/11 anniversary.

The results of the poll showed that the number of Americans studying Islam has been growing steadily recently. The number of US citizens who consider Islam a source of violence has reduced considerably.

In 2007, 45 percent of Americans considered Islam as a violence-inciting religion, although in 2009 the number reduced to 38 percent. In addition, the number of Americans familiar with peculiarities of Islam increased. The number of people who know that Allah is the Muslim god and Quran is the Muslim holy book increased from 33 percent in 2002 to 41 percent in 2009.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/europe/09-10-2009/109783-muslims-0 

03:12 AM Oct 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

:-(

India

Wow!!

How's that?

03:15 AM Oct 15 2009 |

jucoba

jucoba

Indonesia

many but like a foam of surf

Moslem prophet known this as he was informed about some condition at the future

08:41 AM Oct 15 2009 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

I feel awkward when people count the adherents of religion. Counting is not what motivate a genuine person. Those who feel comfortable beneath the shadows of numbers are just having the craze to satisfied psychological hungers. Rather, i think minority is far better than majority but if they have discipline and unity. Sorry to say most of us ( including me ) don't know what we stand for!

08:58 AM Oct 15 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Since when Americans decide who is Muslim or not??  

Allah knows only who is Muslim or not. Dont set up here crap of CIA

If so many Muslims lived in the earth then there would be 1. high development,  2. peace ,  3. freedom here. 

03:15 PM Oct 15 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

a link to the full report

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1370/mapping-size-distribution-worlds-muslim-population?src=prc-latest&proj=peoplepress 

03:40 PM Oct 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Where does it say anything about Muslims making up a majority of the world population?

04:52 PM Oct 15 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

That's the headline of the pravda.ru article. It's not any kind of conclusion or prediction from the Pew report. 

05:28 PM Oct 15 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Where does it say anything about Muslims making up a majority of the world population?

Do you think Jews will be it? I can understand that because you have at least 1 million Hitlers between the 14 million Jews pop.  (to make it clear: Hitler s mission was One Commander, one folk and one country )  so:  one commander: any of the 1 million    one folk: jews   one country: Israel  or what?

08:22 PM Oct 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Do you think Jews will be it?

Unlike Muslims, Jews don't demand that the whole world convert to their religion. The opposite is true. So,no, nor is it relevant.

My only beef with the article is that it makes a claim that Muslims will be a majority soon, meaning over 50 percent, from the current 21 or so percent. How? And according to whose statistics?  And when is soon?

02:31 AM Oct 16 2009 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species.  I've realized that you are not actually mammals. The life signs continue their chaotic patterns. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment.  But you do not.  You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern.  Do you know what it is? A virus."

(C)Agent Smith, "The Matrix"

01:45 PM Oct 16 2009 |